Friday, December 01, 2006

SNOW DAYS!!!!

Yes, plural. Days. With an "S". Let me say it again. Snow days. You could even call it snow daze because that's what I'm in right now.

I live in northeastern Oklahoma. A good snowfall here is a light dusting, we just don't get any accumulation here and when we do it's gone within the next 48 hours. Gone as if it never happened. I think this may be a little different.

The weather started coming Wednesday night, the horrendous rains came and the temperature dropped probably 30 degrees in just an hour or so. My friend Sunshine Country and I went out for a little Girls Night Out fun and gossip. I love a good GNO!! The night was pretty good, considering one of us hit 7 7 7 TWICE on the same machine! But alas, SC had to pick up her lil Sun Ray and the fun was over.

Thursday we woke up to the wonderful smell of beans in the crockpot (a nice surprise from Bob!) and outside there was ice. About an inch or so of solid ice. School was cancelled and MWH was staying home. I decided to head on into work and, even with all the cold weather and ice, my Jeep started up just fine, defrosted quickly and I made it to work with plenty of time to spare, not knowing how much to expect for the day. One news channel was calling for 3 to 7 inches of snow and yet another channel was calling for 7 to 14 inches. That's a pretty good difference if you ask me! Work was insane, the Courthouse was closing at noon and so we had to reschedule all the afternoon court cases. In that shuffle, we discovered they were tentatively closed for Friday too so we had to call all those clients too. Actually it was all fine, the wise boss men decided to send us home early and to play it by ear for Friday.

I had such a good afternoon home alone, just me and that bean pot. Ok, MWH was there too but she's old enough to take care of herself. LOL It was so nice to have nothing to do or no place to be. Soooooo nice. When Bob got home we had dinner and those beans were the best beans I've had in ages! YUM-OH! Bob cleaned the Jeep off again an we headed to Wal-Mart for a little entertainment and a few cold weather supplies. While there, one of the girls from work called me to tell me the Courthouse definitely was going to be closed Friday so I WAS IN THE CLEAR!!!!! Bob had to work but I didn't, YIPPEE!

I tried to sleep in this morning, soooooo did not happen, it never does. LOL But when I did get up, this is what I woke to!

So I'm home, Bob's at work, I've got not a whole lot to do and dammit I'm enjoying myself! WOO HOO! My afternoon consists of roasting a chicken for chicken and noodles tonight and watching Grey's Anatomy. Yep, life is goooooood.

Here's one more pic for you. I got a little camera happy this morning so here you go. I had a pedicure a while back and my toes still look adorable so I figured I'd share.



3 comments:

MamaKBear said...

Crazy Oklahoma weather, huh? LOL...Yeah, we got a total of 7 inches down here in the City. Saw on the news that Tulsa got 11! Been years since I've seen this much snow in Oklahoma!

Hubby went to work on Thursday, and then this morning before his alarm went off, his work called him to tell him he didn't have to come in, since businesses were cancelling their deliveries! Woot! Hugs to you...stay safe and warm!

~ A P R I L ~ said...

According to the news we got 10 inches here but the way I see it we only got 6 or 8 inches. Hmmmmm, methinks it was a weatherMAN who measured.

RJ said...

How gorgeous is that snow!! I just wanna roll around in it naked!! ;o)