Sunday, December 24, 2006

CHRISTMAS EVE!! Sunday, Pajama Day: Day 3


It's Sunday already and I'm just in shock that my little vacation is going so well!

Tonight we had the annual Christmas with the Horns get together and I'm telling you it was awesome! RetroKim always outdoes herself. Her house is just entirely absolutely the epitome of Christmas. Her dining room is Santa Red and I kid you not it looks like some elves decorated it. She scours resale shops and garage sales and everywhere to find the most amazing decorations, it's just her thing. One of our friends says it's "Christmas on crack" not that any of our friends would know what crack looks like. LOL Basically, they have anywhere from 13 to 20 trees, fully decorated, all over her house. She has trees in each bedroom, even the bathrooms! Theme trees, classic trees, bare trees, tinsel trees....... Oy, you name it, she can do it!

Here's a pic of today's pajamas and my wonderful new water machine!

I spent the afternoon making the traditional greenbean casserole and Rhodes rolls. I was also supposed to make a sugar free dessert so I made a Tiramisu. I found the recipe on splenda.com, you gotta love the internet!

After a magnificent dinner of decadent ham, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, some kind of fantabulous corn dish, a pistachio salad and more we all retreated to the living room and opened presents. The girls got some awesome gifts, MWH got a purse from Claire's that she absolutely LOVES , Cars DVD and Over the Hedge DVD, as well as a ton of other goodies. Some of my loot was a super soft robe, a night shirt (that actually fits me!!) and some scentual smelling candles. I'm telling you, I have such great friends!! Bob got some new grilling tools and a really neat picture frame with antlers on it!! So kewl!


We all kicked back and enjoyed an array of spectacular desserts and lots of wine while we watched Cars and laughed our asses off at Mater and the other Radiator Springs characters. Did you know that Mater's character was based on an old International that was parked in Galena, KS? Don't believe me? Read this......



TOMORROW IS CHRISTMAS!!!!!! This could only be be better if they were predicting snow!

No comments: