Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Tis the season

Last night was Miss Whineyhiney's Christmas concert at the beautiful Coleman Theater in downtown Miamuuuuuhhhhhhhhh. I was a bit apprehensive about going because I really don't care for a particular someone who works (rather, volunteers) at the Coleman but I will walk through hell and high water to do whatever it is that my kid wants so I went. And, yes, that particular someone was there but she didn't give the usual choreographed speech about chewing gum and what not so it wasn't entirely miserable.

A few good things happened while there though.

For starters, I got to watch my daughter sing, that is priceless. She was next to one of her best friends and they were so happy, it just made my heart so proud. She's growing into such a wonderful, brilliant, beautiful young lady...... She was just so happy, I truly don't deserve such a good kid.

Second,and selfishly, terribly important, I sat comfortably in one of the Coleman seats. My ass touched nothing. My hips touched nothing. I had rooooooom to moooooooooove. That completely and utterly rocks.

Third, I saw a TON of people! Brady and Steve, Jody and Jennifer (old, old, old school friends), the whole Divinity clan (even Nana!!!!) and Tamara and her family.

The whole show was only 35 minutes long but I was glad to go, my butt was getting numb. I got there half an hour early so I could sit in the front row. LOL My own fault I guess..... Oh well. I comlain if I don't have padding, I complain if I do! LOL Go figure! The choir teacher (who shall not be named here) did a fantastic job! He is so, um, what's the appropriate word, dramatic? no, ummmmm, animated? YES! Animated! He puts on one hell of a show, it was hilarious just to watch him!

**********************

This weekend looks to be a good one too. Friday night is our office Christmas party. MWH is staying at a friend's house so Bob and I can go alone, sans children. Yes, score! I do plan on drinking and making a total fool out of myself. If you see me, please tell me about it later. Hahahaaaaaaaa. Take pictures too, they might just be good for some odd favor someday.

Saturday, Bob is going up to ol' One Eye's to go duck hunting. SCORE!!!!!! He'll leave early and I can sleep in since there will be NO ONE IN THE HOUSE BUT ME. Now watch, the house will catch fire and I'll be forced to flee the house in my 'jama pants and t-shirt........ Oh well, life goes on. Saturday night is the city's Christmas parade on main street in beautiful, downtown Miamuuuhhhhhhh and also the Nutcracker performance that I'm torn between.

Sunday is the second Nutcracker performance so I'll be seeing it then. MWH's friend, crap, I forgot her nickname, is in it and so is Mrs. Coach and Mr. Coach and Lil Nati Coach and a hole crap load of people.

********************

Oh, one more thing before I go. I went to get some prescriptions filled last night and OH MY GOD am I ever so grateful that I have insurance. I paid $55 for 3 scripts but had I not had insurance they would have cost me over $215! HOLY SHIT! I nearly fell over, then we got home and realized MWH was out of yet another so I still have to go back for one more........ it never ends!

I think my lunch hour is about over with so I'll be logging off now. Later!

No comments: