Friday, December 22, 2006

Friday, Pajama Day: Day 1

It's official, it is now DAY 1 of my pajamamamamarama excursion.

Today we slept in, ah, that was nice. After a slow and lazy morning we headed to Joplin but of course we had to make one stop first. One of the greatest little shops here in tow was closing today, On The Corner, a little mom & pop shop that sells school clothing and candles and stuff is now closed for good. The owners also had a frozen custard place but that too has closed down now. So sad.

When we got to Joplin, I had a mission. I was in search of a soundtrack CD for The Preacher's Wife. A friend of mine is looking for it, she can't find her copy and I thought I'd suprise her with it for Christmas, but no luck. I hit Vintage Stock (formerly the Book Barn), Eccentrix (yes, the creepy little man was there again!!), Hastings (even though I'd been there once before), Best Buy, Sam Goody's, Wal-Mart and a few other places. I guess I'll just end up buying one new or hitting ebay, but no luck getting it in time for Christmas...... Oh well, I tried.

We also hit Books-A-Million where I scored like a madman on some great books! Thanks to Cruella for getting me the Millionaire Club card, I saved about $5 today, thanks sooooo much! I went in to get one particular book that I needed for MWH and found not only that one but a table of other teen books on sale! Well, one I found was a "choose your ending" type book and t wasn't on sale but those are awesome so I got it too.

We jaywalked across the street (yes, we're insane) to go to Shoe Carnival where we found absolutely nothing. I hate that damned clown store.......

Our next stop was the Northpark Mall, yes, today's stop made three visits this week, I am soooooo ready for Christmas to be over with. LOL I couldn't tell you all the stores we hit in the mall, I don't want carpal tunnel that much. LOL Let's just say that I did run out of checks. Oh, note to self, order more checks!

We tried to stop for lunch at that Greek place, Mythos, but they were closed for lunch, I guess they only do dinner....... darn it!

I have more to write about, Cingular and my dinner date to name a few things, but it's midnight now and I'm exhausted. More tomorrow folks, more tomorrow....... as if anyone's even reading this. LOL

No comments: