Friday, September 29, 2006

Love Everybody

Yesterday seemed to be one of those days where I just couldn't find my groove, I hadn't slept well for a few nights and I was just flat out tired. The day was going well enough, given my sleep deprivation and allergies, but I just never could get my feet and my body going at the same time, until...

I GOT TWO VIP BIG & RICH TICKETS.

Yes, two, yes, VIP, and I got them for freeeeeeeeeeeee.

First, we were entertained by Candy Coburn. I have to admit I'm not an everyday listener of country music, I do like it, but I just usually listen to whatever is on and no one leaves my stereo on country so I rarely get to listen to it. I have been listening to country at work a lot, but I'm not "listening" well, just for the noise. Know what I mean? Anyway, Candy was pretty good once she got started, she had a fiddle player that rocked too. She played for about 30 minutes or so and then we sat there listening to what was probably a mixed CD for the 45 minute stage change. Two Foot Fred came out, at least I think it was him, I never did actually see him then, and he introduced BIG & RICH! They were awesome! Again, I really don't know a lot of their songs, really just Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy, Comin' to Your City, Holy Water and 8th of November, but they put on one hell of a show. I really liked Jalapeno and their Drinkin' 'Bout You song. There were fireworks and big screen tv's and bass. Oh. My. God. was there ever bass. LOL MWH looked over at me once and said "Mom!! My pants are shaking, everything is all vibratey!!" She was having such a great time!

After several awesome songs, Cowboy Troy came out and got busy on stage and rocked the house with I Play Chicken with the Train and My Last Yeehaw. It totally fucking rocked. All of it. I was a bit disappointed that he didn't sing If You Don't Wanna Love Me, but it was ok.

Big Kenny was so energetic, he was so full of WOW! John Rich looked amazing in his half black half blue rhinestone jeans. MWH and I both got T-shirts and I even went to Wal-Mart and bought both their CD's, Comin' To Your City and Horse of a Different Color.

I'm so glad I got to go!!

3 comments:

D said...

I am so jealous! I so want to be you when I grow up!! *G* I love that "Holy Water" song! I bet they do put on one heck of a show. Whenever I've seen them on CMT or somewhere being interviewed I always think man I bet they'd be a riot to hang around!

Queen Of Cheese said...

I'm glad you had a good time!

MamaKBear said...

You lucky, lucky girl! Gotta love Big and Rich! :)