Sunday, September 10, 2006

Home

We are home.

We left Cody Friday morning at 7:00am and headed East through the Big Horn Mountains. We went through the northern pass this time and didn't enjoy it as much as the southern pass last time. I didn't see any moose or bear or anything really impressive. I gotta remember to stay on the south pass next time.

We hit Deadwood, SD, and took a trolley ride to the downtown area. It was nice riding in the trolley, I saved some of the trolley tokens for souvenirs, they look like poker chips, way cool. We were going to spend the night in Deadwood or Lead but the Deadwood Jam was going on and we couldn't find a room so we headed to Rapid City for the night. We got a great rate on our room and went to bed early, we were exhausted from all the walking in downtown Deadwood! I swear we walked 3 miles!! Everything in Deadwood is uphill, no matter which way you walk, it's uphill! I gambled a little but didn't win anything, I like our machines here better, much better. You have to hit the bet one button before you spin, each time...... bet one, spin, bet one, spin..... Unless you're max betting and I didn't want to do that. LOL Ok, I did a few times because I got tired of bet one.... spin.....

As we were leaving Rapid City it started raining. It didn't stop raining until we got to Concordia, Kansas!!!!!!! All across Nebraska was rain, rain and more rain!! Bob was so sick of rain! We didn't see any wrecks or stupid drivers, just rain. We made it home at about 11:30 last night and it was so nice to be home.

Today we've went out for breakfast, bought groceries and rented a few movies, nothing major. Bob's napping, MWH's doing the last of her homework and I'm blogging. I was saving my posts to add pictures but I'm too lazy to do it now so you might get them next week. LOL

1 comment:

Irish Divinity said...

Sounds like a great trip! I'd like to try it!