Monday, September 04, 2006

Crikey, so sad. Rest in peace, Steve Irwin

Steve Irwin has died. He was one of the greatest people of our time.

I don't want to depress myself on his passing so I'll stop here on the Irwin loss. I'm on vacation and I don't want to bring myself down.

I don't think I blogged about Cody yesterday, no time, we were sooooooo busy. Saturday, the boys went ATVing and the ol' Cody Coyote totalled his ATV going down a hill. Not just any mere hill, it was on the switchbacks, a very dangerous and extremely difficult trail. The ol' Coyote was in the lead up the hill and Bob took the lead coming down, I'm not sure what happened, loose gravel or what, but it slid and the ol' Coyote hopped one way and the machine went the other way falling down to the next switchback level. It landed upside down, the handlebars were smooshed and a lot of the plastic molding is broken. The boys tore it apart last night and it is fixable but it'll take some good money and a lot of time.

While the boys were out tearing up their toys, we girls were shopping. We hit all the shops downtown and had a blast!! We had lunch at Buffalo Bill's Irma Hotel and I had potato soup and it was the best I'd ever had! So rich and soooooo creamy. I swear I could have eaten a gallon of it, well, if my stomach were bigger than an egg. LOL We also went over to the dam for the tour and I got MWH a National Parks Passport. Why didn't I get one before? We travel so much, why is this the first time I've seen one?

Yesterday, Bob, MWH and I went for a drive towards Yellowstone. We didn't want to go into the park, just along the Shoshone National Forest to look for animals. We didn't see much, just a few mule deer and some black tail deer, but the scenery was breathtaking (as always). Yellowstone is about 52 miles from Cody so it's a nice drive. We drove up some side roads too to go off roading, one of the roads was near Buffalo Bill's Boy Scout Camp and it was pretty cool, we had to drive through a creek bed and that was awesome. There were grizzly bear signs at all the camp grounds!! Someday we'll have a hardsided camper that we can bring up here to camp, someday..... There is definitely no tent camping in grizzly country!!

We drove up Spirit Mountain near Cody, it had some tight switchbacks on it too, Bob loves to scare me on the edges, they are straight down, scares the shit out of me!! But I did manage to take some pictures from the top and good grief we were up there!

I'm not sure what we're doing today, it's Labor Day and I'm sure the traffic downtown will be crazy, not sure what all stores will be open either. I just know I'm having a blast. Tomorrow we're going to Painter Outpost near Cooke City and staying in a cabin and going to Yellowstone Tuesday and Wednesday.

No comments: