Tuesday, September 26, 2006

An apology

About two months ago I was involved in a little misunderstanding. Unbeknownst to me, there were a couple of reliable witnesses to this misunderstanding and it was pretty much agreed by all that I did nothing wrong. Anytime something like that happens though, I always second guess myself an worry and wonder if I really did aggrevate the situation or cause any damage. I was told I didn't but sometimes I can be a bitch and since I'm a worrier I just worried that I did. Well today my worries were swept away. The other party to the misunderstanding apologized and told me that she was sorry and that she just wasn't feeling well that day and that well, she's just a "bitch". Hey, who isn't? I even got a hug out of it to boot. Rock on.

And, if that wasn't sweet enough, I had just dialed a very important person on my cell phone just mere moments before this apology happened and she heard the WHOLE thing. Talk about sweet.

I was on cloud nine for the majority of the day. Until this conversation:

Numero Uno Friend: Wow, that's a pretty nice feather you got in your cap there! (meaning the apology)
Me: Yeah, it sure does feel nice, but you know, tomorrow is another day and I'll end up eating crow or pulling my foot out of my mouth soon enough so I don't wanna get too used to this feeling.

Yep, methinks I know my place. LOL

No comments: