Friday, August 18, 2006

Oh.My.Gawd. of the day

One of my oldest, bestest friends from high school is in need of some sex. She hasn't had it for about 3 years and she's a little stressed. The woman is old fashioned and has some traditional thoughts on men and dating and such. She believes it's the man's place to ask the woman out. An old boyfriend from high school that she has remained friends with for the past 15 years has recently moved back to her town and is getting divorced. Everyone keeps asking her if he's asked her out yet, to which she replies (sadly) no. Then everyone asks her WHEN are you going to ask HIM? Basically she blushes and balks at that.

Right or wrong, it's her opinion and I agree that it's her decision to make. I personally think she should ask him out and jump his bones but she refuses to do so.

So, today, she im's me this: (names are protected for privacy)

HER: You can stop asking me for E's number. Seems my friends here got my cell phone some time ago and got E's number and then called him! I am so embarrassed! The one who called him just said that when he is ready to date she thinks that I would be interested. You talk about a PUSH to get back out there and date!!!!!!! The skinny of it is he is going through a divorce is unsure of what he wants and we are just really great friends. I can live with really great friends. So, to answer your question E and I will not be going out.....he just likes to flirt with me. The impression and consensus is that he sees me as someone to be more serious with not someone to just go out and have fun with. I seriously underestimate all of my friends.

HER: They are bound and determine to get me dating if it is the last thing they do!

ME: oh my gawd, that crosses the line!!!!!!! I'd never steal your cell and get the #!!!!!!!!!!!

HER: Yep, I told them my cell will never be left unattended again!

HER: of course, there is no one else in there they could possibly call!

ME: lol that's funny

ME: I am so blogging about this conversation!!

2 comments:

D said...

Ok I can totally see this happening in like 7th grade...but grown women? Come on! She needs new friends! *LOL*

~ A P R I L ~ said...

I agree, crap like this happened in Junior High, we shouldn't have to put up with it when we're in our 30's! And, for the record, I'm guessing "friends" isn't the right word, I think they are simply just co-workers.