Monday, August 28, 2006

Murphy's Law

Why is it that on Fridays the weekend looks so good but on Sunday when you look back you think "Weekend, what weekend?"

When I got up Saturday morning I was not feeling well, not sure why, just not my normal Saturday mornin' goooooood but Bob wanted to go to Joplin and JC Penney's was having a bra fitting event and I hadn't been fondled in a while so I threw on my shoppin' shoes and I went to and got felt up by a complete stranger half my age and bought myself some new Bali bras. Now my boobies are lifted and separated and lacy and shaped up where they belong. I got one hell of a good deal, they were doing a buy 2 get 1 free special to begin with then Saturday morning they were doing Doorbuster sales where all Bali bras were 50% and, to make it even sweeeeeeeeeeeeter, they had in store coupons for $10 off $50 off so basically I got 6 bras for less than $49.50 plus tax. And, if that weren't good enough, the Bali bras had a special coupon with them that if you bought 2 you got 1 free through the mail so I have 3 more coming! WOO HOO!

After that we went home I still wasn't feeling any better so I took a nice, long, hot bubble bath and rested a bit, then we went to Handyman Kev's 39th Birthday Blowout and played volleyball and horseshoes and ate a great picnic meal and had sooooooooo much fun. I still wasn't feeling right but we went to the fair and tried to have a good time before the rain came. MWH took a friend and they bought the wrist bracelets, big waste of money considering the rain came and they didn't get to ride as much as they wanted, but oh well, she had fun, that's all that matters.

One of my co-workers was selling her dining room table this weekend so I bought it from her and took my old one to her garage sale and sold it so now, for a mere $10, I have a nice, new, beautiful farmhouse table that seats 4 and is just the perfect size for my wonderful little family. MWH and I played Sorry on it this weekend and we even shared a meal or two there already, lovely, lovely, lovely..........

Sunday I didn't hardly get out of bed before 2:00pm because I was still not feeling well but I did get up eventually, vacuumed out the Jeep and I think I even went to Wal-Mart and Marvin's for a few things, I don't remember much other than just blahhhhhhhhh. I threw up a little and that helped but not much. Sunday night we watched the season finale of Deadwood. So sad that's over with now too. What am I going to watch this fall on TV? I guess I'll break out my Buffy and Angel DVDs and watch them again. I sure do miss Buffy, she rocks.

It's Monday and all I can say is THANK GOD IT'S ALMOST OVER! Today has been insane! It started last night when the First Bitch (that's her self proclaimed title) called me to let me know one of the Wise Men had called her to tell her the ceiling had collapsed in the office and that water and ceiling and building gunk was all over. Great........ This building is oh, 400 years old, and it's got some nasty gunk in it. I know I have a mushroom growing in my left lung because of the water leak in the hall, now it's 15 feet closer and my right lung is trembling with fear. When I got to work though, it wasn't as bad as I had envisioned. Just some brown water on the floor and a sagging ceiling tile. It's amazing how you think things are so bad but in reality they sometimes aren't nearly as horrible as you think.

I'm going to spend the rest of my day thinking positive. POSITIVE dammit, POSITIVE!!!!!!!

No comments: