Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm so ready for summer to be over.

I am so wiped out after this weekend, good grief. All we did was run! Friday my Jeep went into the shop to get the rear end looked at, we thought it was a minor thing with the drive shaft or differential or something, most of the Libertys we've driven all did it so we didn't think too much of it, but it turns out they are completely replacing the entire rear end. I guess you could say I'm getting an ass lift. Hmmmm, I like the sound of that. LOL It was supposed to be done by 5:00 Friday but that didn't happen so we were down to just the Hemi..... That can make for a long, long weekend.

Saturday morning we were up way before the butt crack of dawn setting up our garage sale. I have lost so much weight none of my old clothes fit. Plus I've had crap accumulating since our last garage sale so I just had to get rid of some clutter. We did ok, almost $200 profit and really didn't sell anything that we will miss. Just junk.... I had one lady come and buy $84 worth of my clothes! WOW! $84, that is a lot of clothes! This is the second or third time in the past year I've cleaned out my closet, the first time I've made any money off of it though. WOO HOO!
After the garage sale, we went to Joplin and I hit a few sale racks and got a couple shirts and then went to Kohl's where I hit the mother load. Ok, maybe not the "mother load" but I went in searching for some black pants and I found them, the perfect weight (for summer or fall), the right size and the perfect length, they were on sale for $10 from $44 but when I went to check out they were only $2.50! I nearly fell over, I wish they'd had more!!!!!!!!!!

After the shopping trip we hit Logan's Roadhouse for dinner, yum-o, they have the best rolls. I had a bucket of shrimp and could barely eat enough to justify buying it, Bob had to finish it. Hmmm, I guess that's one of the drawbacks to having gastric bypass surgery. LOL Well, one drawback..... Another drawback is the bitches you once thought were your friends talking about you behind your back. Grow up! Yeah, I had the surgery. Get over it! If you had half a brain you'd look at your insurance policy too and do it. I was (and still am) fat. Supposedly it's been said that "no matter how much weight I lose I'll still be a bitch", well, thanks, but I'll be a thinner bitch and you'll be a fat, backstabbing, lying, manipulative, self-centered, immature, hateful bitch. ha ha ha ha ha ha Why are women like that? GAWD! UGH!

Ok, off of my rant there....... After Logan's, we went back to The Swimmin' Hole for a night swim. That was sooooooooooo fun! We were way too tired to do it, but sometimes you just gotta. LOL Sunday we didn't do a whole lot of anything, just rested and piddled around the house.

Have you all noticed it's nearly September? Holy crap!!!!!!!! I'm telling you, this year has just flown by! Sometimes I feel like I do too much, I've cut down on a lot of the "extra" stuff I do but it still seems I'm spread thin. Things like blogging aren't nearly as fun lately, maybe it's a slump? There are things I want to blog about but don't want to because it might hurt someone, not that I care though really, I just don't want to air my (or their) dirty laundry.

I'm off Tuesday and it looks like I'll be filling my leisure time with all sorts of activities, no rest for the wicked, eh?

3 comments:

MamaKBear said...

Some women seem to have never outgrown that high school mentality. I'm very happy for you that the surgery is working so well! Besides it's in our very nature as women to be a bitch! At least from time to time!

I wish my Mom could have it done, but I think even if her insurance would pay for it that she wouldn't do it...she's chicken like that ya know. LOL She's been doing the Weight Watchers thing, and has hit a plateau...she's a bit discouraged right now. BUT she has gotten 80 pounds off! :)

Queen Of Cheese said...

I disagree, I think your a lot happier now than you were a few months ago. They are just jealous! The lady who bought the clothes is very happy with them!!!!

D said...

It is hard to believe that grown women act that way isn't it? Oh well like you said the joke is on them! you are now slimmer and healthier and I know happier so I would just cut them out of my life until they can apologize and get a grip! *L*

I wish that I could have the surgery but my hubby's company won't allow the ins. to pay for any weight loss surgery. My brother had his surgery a year ago and he has lost over 150lbs. I am so jealous! *G* But not jealous enough to bad mouth him