Wednesday, August 16, 2006

7th Grade

My precious wonderful amazing baby girl started 7th grade this morning. She Veeted her hairy legs and donned her new Old Navy pleated mini skirt and lemme tell ya, she had her fash' on. LOL She was happier than, well, let's just keep this PG since I'm talkin about my kid. LOL

I, on the other hand, am at work. Today is great, all 3 wise men have made appearances today and things are going pretty smooth. Days like this are awesome.

Last night we went to MWH's Open House at her school. It rocked. She met with all but one teacher (better than last year) and got an idea of what supplies she'll need. She's excited about her locker, it's upstairs, and also that she has a few classes with friends. She also gets to chew gum in most of her classes. She did a MAJOR WOO HOO in front of each teacher who said gum was ok. Actually, most of them said "it stimulates the brain and aids the thinking process..." ok, whatever, she gets gum. Hello Orbit, please clean my kid's dirty mouth. LOL

We also went to get her new glasses last night. They look awesome, they're pink and "contemporary" and fitted with groovy Transitions lenses. Yes, I may have to sell a kidney or some other vital organ on Ebay to pay for them, but they are awesome.

Bob and I went to Buffalo Run last night for his free play and I put $3 in a One Red Cent machine and pulled out $25. I like nights like that. I did good.

Last week, my oldest half sister lost her mom. She had fought COPD for some time now and was in a great deal of pain. It's always sad to lose a loved one but I'm glad she's not in any more pain. I just hate to see my sister and her siblings suffer.

2 comments:

Queen Of Cheese said...

Hope she had a good day!

Shannon said...

Did you find your school supplies last night?? Walmart was really low on things. We finally found all of Brady's.