Sunday, August 13, 2006

Lubriderm Advanced therapy

Don't ask me why I used that as the title, I couldn't tell you. I just sat down here to check my email and decided to blog. I put some lotion on my dry skin and poof. Title. Now my blogging fingers are moisturized by a lotion that

is for extra dry skin,
contains vitamins and nutrients,
is developed by dermatologists for healthier skin and
has a clean, non-greasy feel.

Yeah. Whatever.

Forgive me, Father, it's been 6 days since my last confession, er, um, blog post.

I can't tell you much about this week, it's just gone. I knew early it was going to be a bitch and dammit I was right, just one of those gut feelings you get I guess. Women's intuition, a premonition, no idea, I just knew I'd be lucky to survive it. My gut was so wrenched up I didn't do Free Play on Tuesday. Yeah, that bad.

Wednesday was insane and I found out a dear, dear friend of mine has melanoma. By the end of the day my head was pounding and I was ready to drink myself into a stupor but my alcohol restriction has another 9 more months. I just don't know if I can make it. LOL Thursday I took the day off to enroll MWH in 7th grade and I had to work the PTSO table at enrollment. That was fun. NOT. No one wants to be involved. Everyone is pissed over the way things ended last year and I don't know who's ass to kiss. Ok, so I wouldn't kiss anyone's ass even if I knew who's to kiss, but it would be nice to know who people are. There were at least a half dozen people came up and said they were NOT signing up because of last year. Um, helloooooo, last year is OVER, I'm new, give me a chance! I'm not going to worry about it, whatever will be will be. I did get quite a few to sign up and it's going to be fine. You can't please everyone and I don't give a flying fuck anyway. LOL MWH had a locker drama but it's all resolved now I hope. She's taking 2 Pre AP classes, I fear she's taking on a lot but she's a smart kid. She'll be fine. While I was there I had little to no cell phone reception and my (half) sister called me to tell me her mother had died. So sad. I didn't really know her mom but I know she loved her dearly. My sister is due next month and is having contractions and all kinds of complications, she did not need this right now. I feel so bad for her......

On a lighter note, Bob and I took MWH to The Swimmin' Hole in Joplin yesterday. I'm so surprised we'd never been there before! It kinda sucks we didn't go earlier this year, but that's ok, there is always next summer too. We're going back next weekend too and taking some friends. I'd heard bad things about the place so we just never went but then we got invited on an "outing" and we went. The water seemed cold at first but it was ok. My only complaints (ok, you know I have to bitch) is that the water was so filthy, leaves, bugs, pine-tree pines and so on..... ewwwwww and that the concrete was too damned hot. My feet are still sore! UGH!

We also took MWH to Old Navy to see if there were any school clothes left, she didn't need much really, just something different...... We found it. She's happy, I'm happy and it's all good.

It's time to get off my butt and on the laundry, dishes and other mundane crap I need to do. More later!

1 comment:

Queen Of Cheese said...

The last I heard about that place was they let someone bring their 15ft python in to swim in the baby pool. Our preacher was telling us about it.