Thursday, August 17, 2006

Bitch of the day.

I know I'm not the only parent out there who has is tired and sore today. I'm tired because I was out late last night looking for school supplies that I SHOULD have bought a month ago but was unable to simply because the school doesn't have the schedules ready or have the open house early so that we can meet with the teachers BEFORE school so we can get our supply lists. When you get to Middle and High Schools you don't have a "generic" list like grade schools do. I'm sore because during my trip to Hell (some of you know it as Wal-Mart), a woman repeatedly kept running into my ankle with her cart. Repeatedly is an understatement. She did it on the binder aisle, then on the notebook aisle, then again near the dog food where I should have been safe but the damned woman sneaked up on me! She got me again by the markers and the last time I heard her talking on her cell and I jammed my hand out behind me and ran her own cart into her big melon shaped belly.

I already had a sore on my heel/ankle because my weight loss has made my shoes too big and now I have blisters on my heel because I wore shoes rather than my flip flops to work yesterday. Whine...... Oh well. LOL

I saw Brady and his Mom there too, they were shopping for supplies too. She had a bit of a glazed look on her face, I really think it was overwhelming!! They were out of so many things, I kid you not, they didn't have one single piece of loose leaf notebook paper! We left and went to Walgreens in search of some but they only had College ruled, MWH likes Wide ruled so we went to Marvin's this morning and sure enough there were 2 other parents there buying the same thing! Good grief. GET ORGANIZED!!!!!!!!!! It's not like they have an entire summer to plan for this crap!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I had dropped Brady off at church at 7pm then went to Walmart to get his things--it took me 35 min just to get a notebook and try to look for other stuff. They arranged everything different than last year. Finally I gave up there was too many people and I was getting mad and couldn't even get down the aisles. I went and got some food, picked him up, fixed dinner and then went back to Walmart when I saw you. They brought some more loose leaf out. I think someone had to ask for it though. fun fun.. I thought about going in the next morning when everything would be stocked, but I am not a morning person and wanted to get it over with.