Sunday, July 30, 2006

Weekend Update (sans Tina Fey)

This weekend has just been classic. So good.

Friday night I went to Wal-Mart and bought some new plants for my yard. I kinda figured that if Wal-Mart hadn't killed them, they were some good stock. LOL For years, I have had a black thumb. I still believe my thumbs will both rot off at the proximal joint someday but in the mean time I'm trying to learn to garden. Trying...

I actually had a "idiot encounter" while there and good grief was it annoying! I am telling you Wal-Mart is seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel, some of the people who work there are just dumber than shit. Notice how I said some not all, there are a few people who can count back change and actually do their job, but they are a few and far between treat. Believe it or not, I do have friends who work there and the stories they tell me are simply unbelievable!!

So, I'm in lawn and garden checking out and three fairly young people are working the register, I guess that should have been my first "idiot" clue. The cashier boy is ringing me up and I tell him I have 5 $3 clearance plants. I ask him if he wants to shoot one or all of them? Does he want me to hand them to him one at a time or does he want to bring his price gun around and shoot them in the basket? He wants them handed to him, one at a time, because he's too lazy to walk around the counter and do his job. So, I hand them to him one at a time so he can scan each plant, the register showed 1 @ 3.00, then 2 @ 3.00, then 3 @ 3.00 and so on, he could have just hit the enter button but no, I still had to hand him the other two plants. So, he finishes scanning my clearance plants, dirt is everywhere, the line is backed up because he's so... freakin... slow... FINALLY he hits total, $18.** and I tell him $20 over please as I hand him my check, he looks me straight in the eye and smiles, takes my check and runs it through. He finishes and shows it to me and it was NOT for $20 over. UGH! I told him, wait, we can fix this....... then I realize that you can't just say no, that the check didn't print right, not since they switched over to the EFT / EBT system (or whatever the hell it is now). So, basically, I'm pissed because this kid looked me straight in the eye as I asked him for $20 over and he ignored me. S.T.U.P.I.D. I went off on this kid, telling him he should LISTEN, that his hears are not there to give his face balance. Lemme tell you, this isn't the first or second time this has happened in the past week, this was the THIRD time in one freakin' week! ANNOYING! I don't carry cash, if I want cash, I go to Wal-Mart and buy what I'm out of (cause I'm always out of something) and get a little extra cash to boot, I've done this for 17 years, I've never had a problem with it until this week. I went back today and bought groceries and basically screamed at the woman cashier that I wanted $20 cash back and made her say the amount out loud to me. LOL Damn, I'm bossy......... LOL

Honestly, I'm not trying to be mean to Wal-Mart employees, er um, associates. Hell, I've worked at two or three Wal-Mart stores in my past and I may have to go back to that kind of work someday, but dammit, pull your head out of your ass and listen!! I'm not a mealy mouthed quiet person, I'm pretty loud and taller than the little check book stand and I'm fairly wide (even still) so I know they see me. IDIOTS! UGH!

So, annoyed from the idiot at Wal-mart, I went home with my cheap plants ready to plant and test that black thumb of mine. Saturday I spent the majority of the day out in the yard. I dug around in the dirt, watered, raked, got mud in my eyes, ears and other unmentionable orifices. I sprayed water on the broken earth, on the new grass seeds, on the budding new plants and all over myself (and unsuspecting family members) on more than one occasion. I raked leaves and fallen branches and ant hills to clear a path to my rose bush I am trying to decide what to do with. I spent the day outside in my yard. I can not say that is something I've ever done before. Wow, it's amazing what losing weight will make you do. LOL

We took a break to go out to the Amish store, Bob wanted some pickled green tomatoes. It was really a nice day for a drive, we drove down some back roads and took a different route heading back and it was just so nice and peaceful. I've really slowed down a lot lately, found an inner peace (as long as I can stay out of Wal-Mart LOL) and I just can't really believe the change in myself. After we got home, a friend called and brought me some new skinny clothes, I can't wear them yet, but it'll be nice when I can, considering I have none that size! Friends, wow, it's so nice to be thought of like that.

Sunday I slept in and read my papers and cooked pancakes for the family. We bought groceries, did laundry, watched Food Network, did dishes, relaxed. MWH and I went to the pool later this afternoon and met up with some friends and I hardly got wet, my friend and I just sat and talked the whole time, it's been so long since I've done that, so nice. I am so blessed to have such good friends who care so much about me.

So routine, so refreshing, so family. I think I could get used to this.

1 comment:

Queen Of Cheese said...

Sounds like a nice peaceful weekend. Wish mine had been a little more laid-back!