Sunday, July 23, 2006

Oh joy, my baby girl is home!

Miss Whineyhiney has been at Girl Scout camp all week and wow have I missed her! She went to "Saddle Up" and really had a great time. Her legs are covered in skeeter bites and her tan has faded a bit, she got a giant tick in her hair and didn't freak about it, they just pulled it out, she is so excited about getting to ride the horses! She stayed in the Talahi camp site and didn't know any of the other girls there in that unit, but she made friends and got email addresses and took tons of pictures. She's already written three snail mail letters to her friends/counselors!

I'm just glad that she's home.

Last week was really wild and I was absolutely ready to do nothing this weekend and that is pretty much exactly what I did.

Saturday I hit a few garage sales, got a couple pair of pants (thanks Brady's Mom!!), ran into a few old high school friends who coldn't stop gushing about how good I look, ok, the guys said "hot", yes, I damn near fell over after that word, bought a pot rack for my kitchen, I've been eyeballing those online for a few months, and I even found MWH a few shirts for the fall. Bob got the neighbor boys yard cleaned up, ours still looks like hell, but he'll get it this weekend. I slept most of Saturday afternoon away, I just wasn't feeling right, but Saturday night we went to a party down in Grove and had a blast, Karaoke, alcohol and good people, can't beat that. There is another cook out next weekend, I can't WAIT for that!

All I did Sunday was buy groceries and do a little laundry. I really had something wrong Sunday, major headache, sore neck, backache, runny nose, dry heaves......... By 9:00 I was in tears the pain in my head was so bad. I went to bed fully dressed, I couldn't even take my clothes off nevermind putting pajamas on.

My sister in St. Louis (actually the Illinois side) had two tornados go through her area, her power's been out for a week, that's gotta suck. She's pregnant and has a 3 year old to boot, her hubby is an electrician and he puts in the hours, she's alone so much, her mom is down here and has COPD, probably won't make it through the end of the year, I wish I were closer........ I suck at being a good sister, I should drop everything and go help her.

This week looks promising, busy, but promising!

2 comments:

Queen Of Cheese said...

I thought about your sister when I saw that on the news. My boss has an Aunt in St. Louis and she said the heat was awful!

Shannon said...

My house was such a mess that day! It was very embarrassing! We pulled out everything--I told MWH we usually don't have nightstands in our kitchen! We had picked them up from my inlaws house the night before and didn't have them moved into our room yet. :)
Glad you came by! and LOVE your jeep!!