Saturday, October 07, 2006

shhhhh, it's late, everyone's tired... but me

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It's been 4 days since my last confession.

Ok, 4 days since my last blog post. Forget about it Father, I'm not Catholic anyway! LOL

My week has FLOWWWWWWWN by! I can't think of much blogworthy activity but I'll hit the highlights. Mrs. Coach and I had lunch one day, I can't remember which, but when she got back to work all hell broke loose for her, poor woman. Then, one morning I saw the eldest Divinity child after dropping off MWH at school. I've known this girl for several years and she's so quiet and shy, reserved really. I haven't seen much of her this past year but wow has she grown! She's becoming a lovely young lady. Anyway, back to my point. I saw the eldest divine one amid a group of her peers, she was smiling and engaging and just plain girly. She was happy, giggling and her friends really seemed to hang on her every word. I sat there alone in my Jeep waiting for the car ahead of me to move watching this pre-teen child and thinking to myself how much she's grown over the past few years, smiling inside at how happy she looks, and I realize I'm holding up traffic, I hadn't realized that the cars ahead of me had driven off. I was so embarassed, the eldest divine child never saw me "mom stalking" her so at least I didn't embarass her, but it was still pretty funny. A few weeks ago, MHS cheerleaders were selling Wardog wear so I bought MWH and myself some Wardog stuff. MWH wanted a short sleeved t-shirt, that's a given for her, and I got a long sleeved t-shirt and a pair of sweats. In the month or so since I ordered them, the pants fit me but the shirt is too big! WOO HOO! I freakin' love that!

I took off work early Friday so I could pick up MWH and her friends, Sally and Lily, after school for Sally's 13th birthday party. Her birthday was a week ago but her mom had promised her a sleepover party and due to her mom's work schedule and a broken pipe (meaning no water) she couldn't do it so I offered to let the girls have their soire here. Yes, I do crack. (Ok, no, I don't but I'm sure someone thinks I am for volunteering to take 3 seventh grade girls for a night of mall crawling and bliss.)

We hit the mall at 4:00 and Chuck E. Cheese beckoned with it's game room and cheap, crappy prizes. Actually, it was the $0.25 picture machine that drew me in but the girls just wanted to do it because they could and dammit, it was fun! We blew $15 in there on tokens and I never saved back enough to do the pictures so I just paid for the pics. I got 4 different poses so each girl could choose their favorite and then I'd have one left over for me. They all rock. Lily takes great pics, she's a classic, romanesque beauty, one pic has a come hither look and she was a bit embarassed by it. MWH, always the clown, has her tongue out or is doing something goofy. Sally, well, sally is just sweet in all of them.

After Chuck E. Cheese, we hit Old Navy and separated. I decided that the girls needed to be able to roam alone and after doing a quick speech on stranger danger and "private" body parts, I left the girls to their own devices. There I am again, me with the crack. LOL

Actually, I spent the time wisely, looking in all the jewelry shops in search of a pair of diamond solitaire stud earrings. Do I want certified or non-certified? What color, karat or clarity do I want? What cuts are out there other than round or princess cut? Do I want the insurance? I made it through all the jewelry stores and I was in Macy's when MWH calls me to tell me they're leaving Deb and heading to the food court. We've been in the mall for an hour and a half now and they've hit two stores. Old Navy and Deb. I nearly fell over. They were going to hit Icing and meet me in the food court. On my way back though I ran into a friend of Bob's with his wife and new 2 month old daughter, Avery. Oh. My. God. She is sooooooooooo adorable. She smells like baby!!! I miss that smell. That old, icky formula mixed in with diaper plastic and baby wash. It smells like heaven, simply heaven. So after much ooooooohing and aweing of the beautiful baby, I headed out again in search of the girls and I ran into a guy I went to high school with and he couldn't stop talking about how good I looked. His wife was getting a little pissed, she has always hated me, but it was so nice to hear him say he was proud of me and that I looked great. He always gave the best bear hugs in high school and he still does! He even picked me up off the ground a little!! That rocks! Off again to search for roaming girls and amazingly enough I found the girls still entranced at Icing. I went to Garfield's to reserve our table and to tell our server that one of my girls was having a birthday and I desperately wanted to emabarass her. We ordered and chatted and colored on our table, we giggled and talked about boys and boobs and the annoying children at the other table, we ate and drank and just when the time was right out came the entire Garfield's crew with our deserts and sang to lil miss Sally and I'm telling you the girl nearly climbed the wall she wanted out of that booth so bad! It was classic. Her mother would have loved it.

Our next stop was at Hot Topic where we hit the mother load! MWH got a goth outfit fit for a halloween princess and Sally got some awesome accessories. Lola is not a goth, Hot Topic kinda girl but I think she enjoyed looking at it all.

We went to Vanity and Rave and Journey's and soooooooooo many other stores. The girls found bargains and I was so proud of them with their purchases!! We weren't done when 9:00 came and the mall closed and we had to leave. We loaded our loot in the Jeep and headed next door to Kohl's and had 2 more hours of shopping, they didn't close until 11:00!! I went my way and they went theirs, after an hour or so I ran into them and Lola was dragging, she was tired.... We rounded up our last selections and headed out. Then they decided Braum's sounded good so we headed there!! It was nearly 1:00am before we got home! We had soooooooooo much fun! The girls crashed from exhaustion and here I sit. I'm not at all tired. I have successfully outshopped 3 teenaged girls. Wow! Now that is exciting!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed! Anyone who can out shop teenage girls RAWKS!!!

Irish Divinity said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! I have to do that soon! Thank you for telling me about the oldest divinity, it really made me feel better about her being there and it means alot that you took the time to "mom stalk" for me! thanks again! Isn't it funny, outshopping the teen queens! I guess we never grown out of some things!!

Queen Of Cheese said...

Want me to go w/ you to pick out diamond earrings? After all, who talked you into the pink sapphire ring at Thanksgiving? That you've had to have resized to fit your skinny little fingers now!