Sunday, October 29, 2006

Corruption is among us

Miss Whineyhiney's best friends, Sally and Lily (their self given nicknames, MWH's is Lola), have been here many, many times. They like the mall, Kohl's and Target, musicals and ballet, one is borderline goth the other is pure white-feather angel, but they all like the same movies like Phantom of the Opera, Pirates of the Caribban, Harry Potter and Monty Python flicks. I love these girls. They get along so well.

Tonight though, Sally an Lily have been exposed to something new, something deep and dark and slightly bordering on deranged.

I asked Lily if she had ever seen Once More With Feeling, the Buffy musical episode. Here's how the conversation went after that:

HER: Um, no, there's a Buffy musical?

ME: Yeah, Once More With Feeling, it's great, you should watch it sometime!

HER: Can we rent it?

ME: Why? I OWN it. Would you want to watch it on VCD or DVD?

So, I bust open season 6 and pull out the appropriate disk, pop that bad boy in the DVD player and they're all hooked. MWH/Lola had seen this many times but she had a newfound respect for the melodies and dance numbers. I turned on closed captionioning so they could sing along too and it was great. They loved it. I have now officially corrupted them with my Buffy obsession.

After OMWF, they wanted more. I hooked them further with two halloween themed episodes, Halloween and Fear, Itself. By this time I figure they were exhausted and ready for bed but no, I was so wrong, they looked at me and said they wanted to start from the beginning and so I put in Welcome to the Hellmouth.

After that I had to pop on here and blog about it, I'm just so proud I've got another generation hooked.

No comments: