Monday, November 13, 2006

Looooooong Weekend

I'm on lunch so I guess I'll do a little weekend review.

We had Friday off for Veteran's Day so I took the day to myself. Normally Bob is off on Fridays but he had to work this one in exchange for two weeks of paid time off at Christmas. That is sooooo going to suck for me. LOL I started my day at the local Jeep dealership doing a recall thing on my Liberty. I sat in the waiting room of the dealership in the dark and watched the Today show and caught up on the world news. I really enjoyed that. A lady came in while her car was being worked on and we talked about the news and about her son who is in Iraq right now on the front lines. Very fitting for Veteran's Day. She lost her father in the Korean War and this was her son's second tour in Iraq for this war, he was in the first Gulf War too.

Then I had to go to the doctor's office to do my 6 month labs. I have to do blood work once a year now to make sure I'm eating right and getting in enough nutrients. The plebotomist (or whatever the blood drawer is called) told me that I was really having a lot of labs done at once. I asked her if it was a lot of blood and she said no but it was a lot of vials. More on that in a sec...

After that I went home and cooked up a huge pot of scalloped potatoes for dinner. They were the kind with ham in them. Oh my gawd they were amazing! Soooooo cheesy and creamy and they had the perfect amount of sauce! I really did outdo myself!

I had lunch with the ol' Boss Lady. It's been nearly 5 months since I switched jobs and she's still so nice to me. We went to El Charro's and talked about all sorts of things! I sure do miss her and her family!

After my yummy lunch I had a pedicure appointment so I had to run home to get my flip flops on so I didn't ruin my pretty toe job! The lady doing it was someone I've known for a while but didn't know she was a cosmetologist. She really didn't do that good of a job but oh, well, it was better than I could have done myself!

I picked up MWH from school and went back home to the wonderful aroma of my scalloped 'taters..... MWH was starving and kept trying to steal bites. LOL Bob was about an hour late coming home from work so she was about ready to die of starvation by the time she did get to eat dinner! LOL Kids.... But it was soooooooo worth the wait!

Back to the blood. I get home and check my caller ID and the lab had called me for some reason. I called them back and they said that they didn't draw enough blood, I needed to go back. Um, no. I don't wanna. I told them I was done running and it would be Saturday before I went and they didn't like it but that wasn't my problem. LOL I hate that I had to get stuck twice for their stupidity. She was missing 2 vials and SHE FREAKIN' KNEW IT while I was there! UGH! I hate stupid people.

Friday night I stayed home and watched TV and vegged. I did nothing. Ah, how wonderful.

Saturday I had no plans. Bob went duck hunting and I slept in. MWH and I just laid around and watched Just Friends with Ryan Reynolds, Digging to China with Kevin Bacon and The Initiation of Sarah. Bob was back by that time and so we had some left over scalloped 'taters and didn't do much else for a while. MWH and I decided to head to Joplin again 'cause Bob had plans with a guy from work so we went back to the lab for the remainder of my blood work. I got stuck yet again! I ran into an old friend who just had breast implants because of breast cancer. She has no fear, she just popped her new boobs right out in the middle of the waiting room, right there in the emergency room lobby! LOL Cracked me up! We left the ER in boob shock and headed to the Stables for a late lunch before our mall crawl. Yummmmm. We had a great lunch! In Joplin, we hit Target, Kohl's and every square inch of the mall. I don't know where my kid keeps getting it from but it seems like she has an endless supply of money! She got two more pairs of pants and some Christmas gifts for her posse. I did stop at Hallmark and bought one of those Very Merry Trio dancin' penguins you see on TV. So cute. I'm a sucker for crap like that. LOL

Sunday was normal, newspapers, grocery shopping and TV. We watched several hours of the 100 Best Songs of the 1980's on VH1. Meaning I sat there and reminisced about A-Ha and soooooo many other groups I adored in my teen years. I screamed at the TV when it didn't have enough Aerosmith or Bon Jovi, even Def Leppard seemed to be ignored. They did a pretty good job though and I was pleased overall. Things like that just rock. I wish I could have a CD with all 100 songs on it!

After that was over with I watched Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. I had a great weekend and really didn't do much. I hope next weekend is as lame as this one was! WOO HOO!

1 comment:

GERBEN said...

LOL, I watched that 100 80's songs thing on VH1 too! They don't have a CD with all 100 on it, but they do have this.

http://shop.vh1.com/VH1--I-Love-the--80s-Music_stcVVproductId2612356VVcatId423722VVviewprod.htm

It's an I Love The 80's CD