Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Gobble Gobble ya'll and various random thoughts

I know it's passed but HAPPY THANKSGIVING FOLKS! I hope Turkey day was good to you because it's been "not entirely sucky" for me.

I got off work early Wednesday so I started my holiday weekend in the black, so to speak. LOL I tried to hit a few local stores while I was free from man and child but unfortunately the shops I inteded to shop in also closed early for the weekend. LOL Wonderful. Oh well, that is my luck.

MWH was over at a friend's house for the day and Bob was supposed to be at work but he took off early too. He had to run to Joplin though for more wood for window #3 so I had a little bit of a reprieve before anyone was going to be home so I jumped on that opportunity! HOME ALONE! WOO HOO! Since my shopping spree was a bust, I headed to my empty abode and popped in my latest Movie Gallery rental, The Da Vinci Code. More on that movie later.

Wednesday night we didn't do a whole lot, honestly I don't even remember it. I think we just sat around and watched the boooooob tube. The idea of 4 days off work was mind numbing and I don't think I could muster up enough energy to do anything but relax and ponder my many days of laziness. LOL

Thursday I didn't cook. I didn't do much of anything but read the newspapers and Black Friday ads and plan my strategy. I have to admit that I wasn't all that impressed with what I saw, but there were a few things that were worth my time. Last year, Mrs. Coach and I hit the streets on Black Friday and we had a blast, this year I had more money and more energy. I was sooooooo ready for it! Luckily, Mrs. Coach was too so that was wonderful!

After she picked me up at 4:30, we headed to Joplin. I know you're all thinking at least one of us is completely stupid and you'r probably right. When we got to the mall the line to Best Buy was, well, insane. It was literally over 1/2 a mile long and probably 4-6 people wide in spots. I was starting to get a little scared but I didn't want Mrs. Coach to smelly fear so I sucked it up and put my game face on. We started out at Sears and while most of what was on my Sears list was unavailable, they did do ad matching so I found a few things there that I knew I'd not be able to get later. Old Navy was next and I found a coat that I absolutely loved. Much to my dismay, when I checked out I discovered it was not the $20 I thought it was. I misread the sign and it was $20 off. Too expensive for my taste considering this will be the one and only year I'd get to wear it. I did get myself some sleep pants. It seems I've been entirely too cold since I have lost 115 pounds and the concept of flannel pants is a freaking miracle. Unfortunately when I got home to put my pants on they were about 2 sizes too big. Hmmmm, I really need to learn to try stuff on. LOL Next was Bath & Body Works for some goodies for me and gifts for others. LOL Do you see a theme here? A little for them (family and friends) and a lot for me? heheheeee Actually, the next stop, Dryer's Shoes, was all for family, they didn't have any tennis shoes I could afford. I don't want to bore you with stop by stop (Victoria's Secret, Macy's (home store), Select Comfort, Limited Too, Macy's (jewelry and clothing store).....) but let me tell you there were jewelry stores all over the mall and I HIT THEM ALL! LOL I did end up with a pair of 3/8 t.w. white gold princess cut diamond stud solitaire earrings. I did good I think. After the mall we went to Lane Bryant and Target. Do you know that Target does not ad match? I'm sorry but that totally sucks! We still had money and energy left and we headed to Goody's and Toys R Us! Still more money and energy took us to Home Depot for a big disappointment, the tree I wanted had sold out. We had a great lunch (with free wine) at Olive Garden and we ended our day with JoAnn's and Masterson's. I had such a great day. Mrs. Coach picked me up at 4:30am and didn't drop me off until 4:00pm! Oh my gawd, I had so much fun! Thank you soooooooo much Mrs. Coach!


Ok, back to The Da Vinci Code.

Now, if you're a modern Christian and have faith that there is one and only one God and that He is all that the Holy Bible puts him to be, you may want to stop reading here.

While I do believe in a higher power, I don't believe that one person, man or woman, could have done all this. I am not some pagan freak, really, I do believe that there is a higher power or are higher powers, Gods and/or Goddesses, singular or plural I don't know, but I do believe that there could be something other than the whole Holy Bible story.

The movie The Da Vinci Code is something that intrigues me to no end. Again, I don't know anything for sure and I'm not a scholar on the subject, but I do know that my heart tells me that there is some truth to this work of fiction. I like the idea of Jesus being mortal and having been married and a child being born of that union. I like the idea that that child's lineage, Jesus's lineage, is still with us to this day.

No comments: