Thursday, March 23, 2006

I *heart* teachers

I have had a headache for a few days, not a bad migraine, just a dull, throbbing, blurred vision, ache in my noodle. I've taken Excedrin Migraine, Advil (which I'm not supposed to have, but I tried it anyway), Flexeril, Ultram and a few other things that may or may not be legal in Ottawa County. Nothing has helped. It's just one of those boogers that has to work itself out. I can deal with it...... it's ok, I've had worse.

But, last night, Bob and I went to The Stables because I wanted to distract my mind from the pain. That's how I deal with headaches, distraction. I find something else louder, bigger, badder, more complex (or more simple), sometimes sinister (sometimes not), anything to distract myself from feeling the dull, throbbing ache in my head. Whatever...... it works for me. So, we head off to The Stables with $20 to split between the two of us. Bob really doesn't like The Stables, he's a Peoria Gaming Center kinda guy, but he went there last week with the ol' one eyed pilot and won $40 so he was up for the change.

I doled out the dollars and we parted our separate ways. I don't like how he gambles and he hates how I clean the screen or molest the little leprechan with my finger or touch Crazy Bill's pick ax fondly hoping for a red spin. Plus, I like to reach up and hit the bet 3 button on occasion and seeing him fall out of his chair is funny once or twice, but not the smack upside the head I get when he gets back up. LOL

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to gamble our hard earned money and fear not the evil that resides in our hearts and souls.......

Whatever..... sooooooo, I find a duck and pray to the luck God(s) that I have the power and I cash out with $8 on a $2 bet, not toooooooo bad if I do say so myself. Basically that's how it was all night, small bets, decent pay offs. I walked in with $25 (thought I only had $20 but there was a $5 stuck to another) and walked out with $80!! WOO HOO!

***************************

I started this I *heart* teachers post days ago and now I don't remember what frame of mind I was in. Oh well. I guess I'll publish it anyways. LOL

On a good note, Mrs. Coach made it through her surgery with flying colors. WOO HOO! I'm so glad she's ok!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Congrats on your $80.00!! I haven't gambled in so long I think I forgot how.
Glad MrsCoach is doing great! I was thinking about her yesterday!!