Tuesday, March 07, 2006

7 Songs Tag

I was tagged by MamaKBear for this one!

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

I listen to LaunchCast at work all day so I really hear a lot of songs every day. Right now I'm listening to Classic Rock. The 7 songs in my mind right now though are...

1/ Martina McBride's Cheap Whiskey It's a song that has haunted me for many years. Martina and I are both from Wichita and I've kinda followed her career because of that. She's just gorgeous and has one hell of a singing voice. The song is about losing it all to alcoholism. I've never had a problem with alcohol but I know someone who did and I always think of them when I hear it.

2/ Prince's 7 This song blares from my car a lot simply because I LOVE IT. I adore Prince, or his older stuff anyway. LOL

3/ Sara Evans I Could Not Ask For More is one of my all time absolute favorite songs. It too is on my CD in my car. It's one of my feel good songs.

4/ Modern English I Melt With You is playing right now on Disney (ok, it's not Modern English, it's Bowling For Soup). I love this song simply because it was in Valley Girl with Nic Cage and it's one of the songs that I want played at my funeral.

5/ Love & Rockets So Alive is a song I've been trying to find at walmart.com. I want to download it so I can burn it but so far no luck. No biggie though, I'll find it, if it's out there, I'll find it...

6/ Saving Jane Girl Next Door is another current pop hit I've really rocked out to lately. It kinda means a lot to me, I've always been runner up, second class, watching....... The first time I heard it it struck a cord with me.

7/ Montgomery Gentry Merry Christmas From The Family has been in my head all morning. I don't know why. It's NOT Christmas. I have a tiny family. The "she was a Mexican" is stuck in my craw and I can't get it out! It's a great song though, I guess there could be worse to have rattlin' around up in there!

I know I'm supposed to tag 7 more folks but I think I'll just let whoever wanna play have at it cause my lunch hour is about over and I don't have time to link them all right now.

No comments: