Friday, June 30, 2006

Four days off.....

I have four days off this weekend. I even get paid for it! YES! New job and holiday pay in one week, that sooooooo rocks.

Today, I learned a few things, the legal software they use is completely new to me, it's neat though and I've even entered a few clients and it hasn't crashed so I'm guessing it's April proof. I opened two new files, much different procedure than the old office, and that was pretty easy too! We use WordPerfect there rather than Microsoft Word. I have Word and Works on my laptop so I'm not able to brush up on that too much but maybe I can take a class at Vo-tech this fall or something. We used WP at PMM years ago but that was nearly 10 years and many versions ago so my knowledge is outdated. The ladies I work with are sooooooo nice. It's nice to just talk to women and cut up... I needed that.

At my old job, I felt a lot of pressure to get things done, stay busy, be one step ahead. I had a great boss and I absolutely loved working there, but the difference is so night and day. I feel so calm now, I didn't even realize how stressed I was at the time, but I see it now.

I didn't know that the office closed at 4:00 on Fridays and T, one of the other girls, left skid marks from her flip flops out the door. LOL I barely understood her as she flew out of there! Actually, it wasn't quite like that, but she was in a hurry. C and D were still in their offices so I went back and talked to them, thinking maybe it was a holiday thing, but no, it's a Friday thing! WOO HOO! That rocks!

There was one funny situation today, I had two lines ringing at the same time, I put line 1 on hold and answered line 2, line 2 spoke in a thick hispanic accent and said his name was "Jose" and wanted an appointment for his friend who didn't speak English, I said ok, let me put you on hold, and I went back to line 1, he also had a hispanic accent and said his name was "Jose" and wanted an appointment. I thought wait a minute..... so I asked his last name and who his attorney was and he told me, then I went back to line 2 and asked him his last name and his attorney's name and he didn't have one, an attorney, he had a last name, but don't ask me what it was, by that time I was so confused I was happy with Jose no name and Jose name. LOL

My sister emailed me today, she's going to have a C-Section in October, probably sooner though, she's having a lot of problems. Joey starts pre-school in August or so and she can't wait for that. She bought a new Ford Freestar and loves it (so happy for her on that!). Her mom is very sick and may not have too much longer to live, so sad.... And, if all that isn't enough, my sister was in the hospital with kidney stones and had to havve a stint put in! Good grief, when it rains it pours for her!

I have some major plans for tomorrow so I'm going to bed early!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

RJ said...

Glad to hear your job is cool!!

:o)