Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Princess Di, Tigerbeat, Pole Dancers and Beeeeeer!

What a weekend! Whew!

Bob's company had their annual picnic Saturday and we signed up to participate in the scavenger hunt. WTF? Um, I'm 34, scavenger hunts are for kids, scavenger hunts are for energetic people, scavenger hunts are FUN! LOL Ok, so out of 100 items, I had 94 or 96 of them! I've used every favor I could call on!

Where would I find a Tiger Beat magazine with the Osmond brothers on it? You'd ask my friend Cean, she rooooooooocks.

What about a Nixon campain button? You'd go see the Classy Bitchy Brassy woman down on main street if she were ever fucking open! Um, helloooooooo, that's a tough one to find!

After all that hard work and efford, yes, I won. I WON! WOO HOO! I say "I" but truly it was a "we" who won but dammit I did most of the work, most of the running, most of the leg work. I had the contacts, I kissed the asses and I had my eye on the prize.

Bob was in charge of the Fear Factor event and let me tell you that ROCKED. I was supposed to be just for the kids, but it was sooooooo kewl the adults got involved too! Young and old were lining up to root around face first in a bin of potting soil in search of a burried key! I won't even begin to tell you what that first key opened, talk about nasty, but the last key opened a box containing either mustard sardines or pickled pigs feet and holy cow no one threw up! One kid even asked Bob for the left overs, HE LOVED THE SARDINES! Ewwwwwwwwww. I swear, I threw up in my mouth a little twice!

The picnic was catered by Jim Neely and his motley crew and damn, I have to say it was some damn fine BBQ. The boys who served, I believe most were Jim's grandkids, were amazing, very professional and courteous. I wish we had a place like that around here!

After a great day of wiffle ball, scavenger hunting, bobbing for apples (yes, I did that too), bean bag tossing, three-legged racing, water balloon tossing and bingo, most of the folks went home but a select few stayed to play horseshoes and drink beer. Let me rephrase that, drink beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. I swear to all that is holy there was more beer drank there than day than I've seen in my adult life. What do you get when you put a few dozen men together with a crap load of beer and some horseshoes? A DAMNED GOOD TIME! There was wild pitches, blood, broken bones (hairline fracture maybe, but I think he was faking! LOL) and yes, one man was so drunk he gave us a free pole dancing show. Yes, my night was complete.

I had such a great time I can't wait to do it again!

Oh, the other great thing that happened that morning was that I stopped at a garage sale and found a Prada purse for $4.00. THAT WAS AWESOME! It's lime green, very springy, and has silver chains on it! I swear, my day went so good I just knew a house was going to land on me and someone was going to steal my shoes! I don't know if it's a real Prada or a knock off but, hell, who fucking cares? I like it either way!

Sunday Missy and I hit the pool and wow that felt good, a bit cold, but it was nice to get in the water! The new 30 foot slide is great and now that they've got the mats for it, she loves it!

Things are good.......

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey! You will never believe it but we have a Nixon campaign button from 1968. Steve's parents gave it to him. LOL
funny huh?

Sounds like you all had a good time!

RJ said...

April,

I've changed my address if u'd like to update :o)