Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Finally Friday, er um, Wednesday

I have been writing this post since last Friday and just could not seem to finish it.

This week has been so wild. Things are really good right now. I just know someone is going to drop a house on me and steal my perty red shoes or something.

I've been offered another job, a great paying salary job with benefits. Lemme say that again, benefits. Damn, that sounds good. Feels good, I'd go so far to say if I sniffed it, it'd smell good too. I wasn't even looking for a new job, I was sought after, word of mouth. I'm so honored.

I think that may have been why I chose to take it, because I wasn't looking.... Sometimes good things find you when you are least expecting them. Take opportunities when you can.

I have to admit it's so fantasic to be wanted, to hear good things about yourself, to be told that so and so said great things about you and you didn't know about it. I like that feeling. I was really feeling down on myself after the whole stalker bit (no, I didn't discuss it here and I don't intend to either, those who need to know, know).

Ok, so enough about me, onto the other things going on.

Miss Whineyhiney has been so busy with activities I can barely keep up with her schedule! The next few weeks is going to be worse too! LOL She's doing Miami Little Theater, they're doing the junior version of Godspell. I don't know what that is exactly but she's having a lot of fun, that's all I care about. She's also doing M.S.R.P. and she loves that too, she's learning a lot of new things, making new friends and having a ball! What more coud a parent ask for? And the tan on that child, I swear, I don't know where she gets it from.

Here's some highlights (or lowlights) of my week:

Retro Kim found out she has gall stones. OUCH! I had mine out in 1994 and the surgery has changed a lot since then. When I had mine out, I was supposed to stay the night, but I had no insurance so I got up and left against the doctors' wishes. When Bob had his out two years ago, they couldn't get rid of him fast enough, he was barely out of the anesthesia and the nurse was puttin' his underwear on him! Seriously! We both had the same surgeon too!

Earth Lily's daughter had heart surgery in Kansas City this week, that poor girl has been to hell and back and now this...... poor baby. She's just in 2nd grade, maybe 50 pounds, it's just not right.... Oh, get this, they went in through her mouth to get to her heart. Will wonders never cease?

Cruella is having a grand time in Idaho without me. Soooooo totally sucks. It's just so wrong to be such a jetsetter without your side kick (uh hum, that would be me.)

Mrs. Coach's beautiful blonde flower child was hospitalized this weekend. She's better now, thanks to lots of love from Mom and some good TLC from several doctors. I also think that some candy and balloons had something to do with it but I could be wrong.

Irish Divinity and I had lunch Monday and that was nice. Thanks Irish Divinity, I had a great time! I hope you did too!

2 comments:

Queen Of Cheese said...

Ahhh yes, the balloons and candy! Thanks so much! I thought it especially touching when you called to ask if she was sleeping well after you filled her full of candy!!!!

MamaKBear said...

Congrats on the new job!! I'm proud of you!

And don't worry, I'll guard your perty red shoes!!