Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen reasons why I detest summer.

1/ I hate to sweat. I don't like to be sticky or clammy or damp. Perspiration is just evil.
2/ The sun is too damned bright. I don't like it so bright out......
3/ I can't wear sunglasses 'cause my eyebrows are lopsided. Yeah, I know no one but me realizes it, but I know and we all know it's all about me, babe.
4/ My kid is out of school. I feel like I'm constantly worried about what she's doing or is she bored or too busy.
5/ I'm working hard while my kid is loafing. UNFAIR.
6/ Skinny, tan, well-rested ladies of leisure. I call them bitches, 'nuf said.
7/ Baseball on TV. Why do these jackasses think they deserve $8 million dollars for hitting a ball and running around little white bases is beyond me...... If I spit and scratched you think anyone would give me millions of dollars? I think not.
8/ Shorts. Have you seen the tree stumps others call calves?
9/ Sandals........ I still have nail polish on my toes from my pedicure treat from last October. I hate women (and men, ha ha ha) with fancy, pretty, dainty feet.
10/ Swimsuits. Do not make me go there. Have you seen my ass?
11/ Daylight Savings Time cuts into my precious sleeping time.
12/ All my TV shows are reruns!
13/ The summer holidays, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day mean nothing to us anymore. These American holidays are nothing more than a day to golf or fish/ski or watch movies or shoot fireworks, it's not about independence or memorials or patriotism.

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It is easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I hate to sweat, and I hate it when the sun is too bright, too! I'm not a summer girl...

My TT is up!

astrocoz said...

AMEN! I'm right with ya on that one!

My TT is up!

Unknown said...

I despise summer! I H-A-T-E being hot...it's makes be super bitchy!

Mine are up.

Queen Of Cheese said...

All the things you hate about summer are what I like...and we're still friends, go figure. Oh except, I pretty much hate pro-baseball too. I'm more into Little League, I kind of have to be since I'm there 4 nights a week.......

Queen Of Cheese said...

All the things you hate about summer are what I like...and we're still friends, go figure. Oh except, I pretty much hate pro-baseball too. I'm more into Little League, I kind of have to be since I'm there 4 nights a week.......

Shannon said...

I don't like to sweat either! I love the sun & dry heat (like in Colorado), but hate the humidity and muggy weather especially after it rains! AAH! My hair goes CRAZY! And I need to polish my toenails over again it is starting to come off! :)