Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Potpourri

Today is Wednesday and so much is going on.

April 19, 1995. It's been 11 years since that horriffic day when the heart of our great nation was stopped dead in mid beat. Americans killed Americans. We lost 168 wonderful Americans. We should all stop today and take a moment of silence; 168 moments of silence.

To read a recap this tragedy and for a complete list of the 168 lives lost, go here.

*

silence

*

I'm still battling this flu / sinus / allergy thing I've had going since Saturday night. I'm past the sore throat and the pelvic pain is nearly over but now I'm onto the chest pain and the severe congestion. Ugh, it never ends I guess. I've got the "Charlie Brown" thing in my ears. That kind of screeching "wha wha wha" noise when you talk or when others talk. It's terribly annoying. I hate to go back on Singulair but I have no choice.

On a lighter note, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes-Cruise have now welcomed their daughter into the world. Welcome baby Suri! I haven't seen/heard a middle name yet and no word on the last name. Will she be Suri Cruise or Suri Holmes-Cruise or hell, Suri Mapother? HAHAHA! Whatever her name is, she weighed in at 7 pounds 7 ounces and was 20 inches long. I hope you can handle the heat, cause baby, it's gonna be hot in your house! LOL In an odd twist of fate, baby Suri was born at the same hospital and on the same floor as Brooke Shield's baby girl, Grier Hammond Henchy, which is freaking hilarious after the Tom Cruise / Matt Lauer antidepressant debacle on NBC's Today show a while back.

Yesterday I watched Brokeback Mountain. I've heard both good and bad reviews about this "gay cowboy" movie. I've heard all the "John Wayne would have turned over in his grave...... " comments and seen the cartoon jokes. Personally, I thought it was a pretty good movie. It was slow, but I don't think it would have been good had it been faster paced. Ennis was such a sad man and Jack was so needy. I think it was a great romance story. A gay Romeo and Romeo. LOL I can understand the Ennis's fear about the brutal murder he witnessed as a child of the gay man who bled to death. Fear is an odd thing. It can hold you back so much....... I knew there was something up with the shirt though, that wasn't a surprise. I did think that Jack's wife was horrible the way she told Ennis about Jack's death. So sad. I thought highly of her when she smiled when Jack told off her dad but when she was so cold to Ennis on the phone it just threw me....... I've been to Riverton, WY and seen the Teton Mountains. That is truly America the Beautiful. I'm not sure if I specifically saw Brokeback Mountain or not but I have seen that area of our great country and it is very breathtaking. My favorite line out of the whole movie though was when Ennis said something about not being a traveler, that the most he'd travelled was around the coffee pot lookin' for the handle. That was perfect. So Ennis.

On to another topic: FREE WILL

Free will is the belief or the philosophical doctrine that holds that humans have the power to choose their own deeds.

Just 'cause your friends do it doesn't mean YOU have to too. Get a life. GROW UP! Pull your head outta your ass and make your own damned choices in life! Sheesh! (this is a shout out to a particular online friend who's really having a tough time right now)

1 comment:

~ A P R I L ~ said...

Jayliegh,

I'm from NE Oklahoma, we have chat piles, mud and tar creek. The Tetons and the other mountain ranges in WY are all beautiful compared to what I have here. We've been to WY several times and the movie looked a lot like what I have in my memory so even though it was shot in Canada, it still resembles what I remember of that area. Good luck to you. Think positive.