Sunday, April 09, 2006

Breathe In, Breathe Out.......

The past two weeks have been intense in the Mental Block. March 31st, our friends from Cody came down to see us. They were only here for an extended weekend but did enough running around and all that I think we even pooped out Miss Whineyhiney! I'm not sure if Tulsa and Joplin will ever be the same again. The ol' Cody Coyote and Bob hit the World's Largest Gun Show and we girls hit everything else Tulsa had to offer. Methinks the boys should have kept us with them in the gun show. LOL We did have a blast though, I wish Tulsa were closer, so much to do...... *sigh*

They left Monday morning and Wednesday Bob and I both left for separate trips. Bob went hunting down in the Kiamichi mountains in search of gobblin' fowl and Big Foot and I went to Illinois to see my doctor (and my sister, who happens to live near him). Thank God she does too cause I really needed her! Sometimes it's hard to talk about certain things....... I hit St. Louis during rush hour BOTH Wednesday and Thursday! UGH! Talk about a freakin' nightmare! OY! I spent over 6 hours driving both days and good grief was I beat when I got home! When I came through Springfield there were storms behind me and as I turned the radio on I discovered there were storms in front of me! Reports of tornados and hail and high winds..... lovely.

Friday, Boss Lady was gone and I had a ton of work to do, the wind was still bad and it kept pushing the office door open which just freaks me out when I'm there alone.

Friday night, Miss Whineyhiney had a sleepover with some girls from school. They were a riot! They played Twister on the trampoline, played Truth or Dare, watched movies and had so much fun! I hope she does it again, they were super girls! It's so nice to be around girls that age level, they're so creative and fun but not so young and immature that you need to be right there in the same room all the time.

I'm so glad I have a truly wonderful kid. Great grades, good friends, respectful, considerate, kind, caring, truly genuine....... I could go on for hours! How did I get so lucky?

Well, I'd better get off here, Bob should be back from his trip soon and I need to call the Boss Lady to see if she's still stuck on the runway in Cincinnati.......

1 comment:

Queen Of Cheese said...

I was thinking of you! Hope everything went the way you wanted it to.