Friday, July 06, 2007

Flood

I don't have time to go into major details here but all is good.

The Clarks (that's my lil family here) are all high and dry. No, we're not coke'd up and in clean Pampers but we are out of the path of the flood. Not. By. Much.

I believe it was less than 1 full block away at it's highest point. I refused to go down there to actually look at it.

Other than the flood damage we also have mosquitos from hell, demon mosquitos that mean fucking business. Miss Whineyhiney has 15 bites on her ankles alone and she hasn't been anywhere near the flood. And, if mutant mosquitos weren't enough, the smell is enough to make a mortician gag. Literally. Bring on the dead bodies, I'd much rather smell that..... The mushroom farm ain't got nothin' on the Neosho river when it overflows it's banks.

Here's a pic I took with my KRZR of Okie Burger, which is on G Street and Steve Owens. It's in water but not too bad. I'm not sure if OB was flooded in '86 or not but it was this time.

1 comment:

Queen Of Cheese said...

Uggg...the smell! It's very nasty, indeed. The mushroom farm could do us all a favor and flip the manure so their smell outsmells the town!