Thursday, July 19, 2007

High School Musical

Ok, stole this from Mrs. Coach who I'm sure stole it from someone else who got it from someone else. You know how it works. It's a meme, should be pronounced me-me because it's well, all about me but however you say, here it is:

1. Who was your best friend? Hmmmmm, which school do I want to meme about? I went to two. In Baxter, it was Terra, always Terra. I ran with a lot of different crowds, Darren, Brad, Heather, Laura, Pebble, AnnMarie........ But my true friend was always Terra. Her dad was an alcoholic, my dad was (and still is) a sorry son of a bitch mother fucker, so we never spent the night at each other's houses and we really didn't run around with each other much outside of school, but we were buds and we still are to this day. In Quapaw, I didn't really have a "best" friend, just lots of different people. I was with Tish when I met Randy and his crew, I liked Angie a lot but her boyfriend frowned on her having any friends other than him so it was hard to be friends with her.

2. What sports did you play? Um, does quarters count? I rocked at quarters....... yeah, rocked.

3. What kind of car did you drive? My first car was a 1975 Chevy Monte Carlo, it was awesome, you didn't need a key, it idled at 15 to 20 miles per hour and could climb hills. It died and I had a 1982 Chevy Impala (totally hated it), a 1969 Dodge Coronet and then a 1978 Datsun B210. I loved the Datsun. LOVED!!!!!! It was a total piece of shit but it got great gas mileage (I know you remember getting 78 cents of gas and it actually got you somewhere!!) and I could scratch in any gear.

4. It's Friday Night, where were you? At a football game or in Miami draggin' Main. Sometimes both. Always, though, always, I was having a great time and I pretty much always had alcohol.

5. Were you a party animal? Yep, been there, done that.

6. Were you considered a flirt? No, I wasn't. I was the girl you told your girlfriend that you were going out and I was always the "reason" for the break up but in reality it wasn't true. I was the one who had the condoms or would make the rubber run but I just didn't want to be involved with anyone. I had my crushes and they were safe and right there and I just kept my distance......

7. Were you in band, orchestra or choir? At Baxter I wasn't in anything, at Quapaw I was in band. I always wanted to play the sax...... ah, the smooth sound....... thanks for those memories Brad....... but I didn't have the money to play an instrument. At Quapaw though I was in the band, I played cymbals *hence the nickname of Clash* and the bass drum. I was usually the only sober person at parades so I'd be the one carrying the big bass drum around.

8. Were you a nerd? Nope. Not. One. Bit.

9. Did you get expelled or suspended? Yeah, does that matter? Why do you think I went to two different high schools?

10. Can you sing the fight song? Sing it, ummmm I don't recall ever having one at either school!

11. Who was your favorite teacher? In Baxter it was probably Mr. Dillon, he just knew things...... Maybe Mrs. Binns too, she was amazingly narcoleptic (sp?). At Quapaw, I liked our science teacher, something Mrs. B..... Barrett maybe....... damn, my brain hurts. I liked Mrs. Rhodes (shhhh, don't tell anyone, she was a real bitch). Oh and I ADORED Mrs. Chrisman, she freakin' rocked!

12. What was your school mascot? Baxter Lions (red and white) and Quapaw Wildcats (green and white)

13. Did you go to the prom? My freshman or sophmore year I went to Riverton's prom, big freakin' nightmare. My Junior year I went to Miami and Quapaw and then my Senior year I didn't get invited. Looooooong story.

14. If you could go back and do it over again would you? Yeah, I would. In a New York minute.

15. What do you remember most about graduation? Wearing heels and worrying about tripping over the electrical cords. How fucking hot it was. How they refused to move me to the "C" section rather than keep me in the "R" section, dammit, I was married now!

16. Where were you on Senior Skip day? Um, skipping........ I skipped a lot. I actually skipped my entire second semester my senior year so every day was Senior Skip day to me!

17. Did you have a job Senior year? I worked at McD's but I cut my hand (at home, not at work) and I couldn't work for a while so I quit. Then after Christmas I did work because I was out of school and it was expected of me.... damn reality of life.

18. Where did you go most for lunch? The Quapaw Express or Dallas' Dairyette. Yumooooooo!

19. Have you gained weight since then? Gained and lost. I'm about 10 pounds heavier than I was when I left Baxter.

20. What did you do after graduation? Went home and got drunk, I was married and could do whatever I wanted to. Sort of. LOL

21. When did you graduate? May of 1990, I don't remember the date.

22. Who was your Senior prom date? I didn't go. I didn't get invited. I don't wanna talk about it.

23. Are you going/did you go to your 10th reunion? Didn't go, didn't have one.

24. Who was your homeroom teacher? We didn't have homeroom, there were only 40 or so of us at Quapaw, if you weren't there everyone already knew it and why. LOL

25. Who will repost this? YOU! Go ahead, just do it!

2 comments:

Queen Of Cheese said...

I always assumed "crash" was from your drivers ed days.....

Queen Of Cheese said...

Ok snarky comment, take two!

I always assumed "Clash" was because your pants never matched your shirt.



It's gonna be a long day.....