Tuesday, July 10, 2007

tick born illness, virus or what?

Last Wednesday, the 4th of July, we went to the Woods house for some good old fashioned beer drinkin', weiner roastin', beer drinkin', story tellin, beer drinkin', swimmin', beer drinkin' and fire work shootin'. And, oh, I nearly forgot. Did I mention beer? I personally am not a beer person, but you give me a Parrot Bay drink and blink it'll be in. my. belly. Out of about 50 people there, only two of us had to work the next day, me and the host. He was drunk before sunset, I was sippin' on my libations all night, wanting to keep my composure.

The kids swam and swatted skeeters, the adults discussed floods and insurance companies, the women discussed and devoured the Pampered Chef guacamole dip and the guys shot fireworks with their bare hands. Yeah, we're married to grown men who have no common sense. One of the women there though is a labor and delivery nurse so she could have probably stopped the bleeding if they'd actually done any damage. LOL

I did have a great time, so glad to have good friends.

Thursday though, I could tell something was wrong. My head hurt. I'd only had two and a half drinks and I didn't get drunk so I knew it wasn't a hang over. My stomach also hurt. I blew it off, figured it was just the alcohol and the late night and the guacamole. Friday it was worse. We had plans with the Woods crew again for the post holiday weekend so I took off work early Friday. Nothing was going to stop me from having fun. Or so I thought.

Friday night I tried to put up the tent with Bob, I couldn't do it. I tried to stand erect, I couldn't do that either. I went to bed. I sweated, I froze, I shivered, I swear I died at least twice. The boys shot fireworks just feet from my head and I did nothing. Saturday morning I woke up and took two steps from the bed and a putrid, green slime slid down my leg and pooled around my foot. I froze. It. Came. From. Me.

I won't disgust you with more details here but I did get cleaned up and back to camp. I tried to lay down again but I was offered to sleep in a friends' air conditioned camper so I took them up on it. I slept the whole day away. Bob made me get up around 8pm or so and I did get up but not for long. I went back to our tent shortly to go back to bed. More fireworks, more head ache, more misery and agony for me...... At midnight I woke up again and, let me tell you without going into specific details, I had to go home. We were over an hour from home, I totally didn't want to ruin everyone's weekend, there was no time to break down the tent and all though.

We made it home and I think I showered again and went to bed. I know I was freezing cold and shaking by the time I got into bed. I didn't get out of bed Sunday other than bathroom runs. Saturday I ate about a third of a container of sugar free jello, Sunday I ate some unsalted saltines. Monday I went to the AM clinic and got nowhere. It might be a virus, it might be a tick bite (no tick bites on me though that we can find). My upper abdomen still hurts, my head still hurts and I'm still uber tired. I do have my voice back though.

I'm off work until at least Thursday per the doc, my bed is killing me and my guilt for missing work is immense. Calgon, take me away!!!!!!

1 comment:

Queen Of Cheese said...

I'm thinking some antibiotics and maybe some malaria pills wouldn't hurt. Or just swing Benadryl from the bottle and pass out on the couch......whatever works for you.