Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Weeeeeeekend bliss

First off, I gotta shout to the world that MY BABY IS HOME!!!!!!

She spent a week at Girl Scout camp doing the CAP thing (working) and loving it. She could live at camp, any camp, if we'd let her and honestly I'd probably let her but I'd miss her too much.

Bob and I spent the week at home. Alone. It was a typical week for the two of us. Those of you who know us know exactly what we did all week, those of you who don't know Bob, well, it wasn't pretty, I won't bore you with the details.

There isn't much to blog about for the week other than I've had a bitch of a fucking headache since the whole tick/stomach virus weekend. Mrs. Coach seems to think I had (and may still have) botulism. Yeah, lovely. How fucking exciting is it to be me?????

So, Saturday was my first Pampered Chef show. I had it at my friend Tess's house. She's wonderful, simply wonderful. There were over 20 people there and we had a fabulous time! I handled the questions like a pro and made a few new friends. A lot of the girls there were also WLS patients that I know online and now I can put a face with a name (or an email address). It's so nice to be able to do that!! The show was a smashing success, we did over $600 in commissionable sales. Most excellent! No one scheduled any parties off Tess's show but there are several ladies who did want to but they needed to get back with me later on dates, that is fine with me! I demonstrated a chicken enchillada ring, which was totally new to me, and it turned out soooooooooo amazingly good. I swear I'm a natural cook! LOL Ok, I'm an idiot who can follow a recipe but still it was spectacular!

After the party we sat in the hot tub and talked and relaxed. I freakin' loved it, I gotta get me one of those........

Sunday Bob and I went to pick up MWH and that was glorious. I don't know what I'll do without that kid....... she can't grow up. I just don't know what I'll do when she turns 18 and becomes independent. She's 13 and I know it's coming. I've tried to get her to start smoking, I've heard it stunts growth, but she's too damned smart.

She got the new Harry Potter book too and she was in H.E.A.V.E.N. Absolute heaven. She has been reading it slowly...... very slowly. Savoring every page. I haven't read anything past the second book so I'm way behind but oh well, that's life.

I did find a new author I've been reading, Mary Kay Andrews, and she's a riot. Very witty and an excellent source of simple chick lit. I love fluff. I don't want to think when I read. I won't be reading any Stephen King or John Grisham anytime soon........ I guarantee you of that. Jodi Picoult, Mary Kay Andrews, Billie Letts, those are my kind of authors.

I hope you all are enjoying the new "joke of the day" posts. I'll try to keep them up as long as people keep sending them to me.

1 comment:

Queen Of Cheese said...

I only suggested botulism because you ate something on a recall, I was trying to get you to fund a girls weekend with your illness.