Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I am sew not scared

I do promise a weekend update later, right now though I have to BRAG!

Bob put in my kitchen window this weekend (major story behind that). I didn't want to put up another mini blind so I measured and headed to, where else, Wal-Mart in search of a kitchen curtain to suit my eclectic taste. I found a lovely ivy tier set that was affordable and bought it but the panel was too long, way too long. I didn't really want to sew it to fit so I decided that if I was going to have to sew anything I was going to sew what I wanted so I went BACK to Wal-Mart in search of ......

brace yourself......

fabric.

Yes. I vowed to make curtains.

To sew.

No, crack was not involved.

I purchased fabric. I purchased thread. I broke out in a sweat. I second guessed myself. I questioned my sanity. I pinched myself repeatedly to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

The patern I chose was a lovely green based polka dotted patern with bright white daisy's with little yellow centers. There's a wide border at the base that says "All Things Grow With Love".

Still, no crack.

I measured, I pondered, I sweat some more. And yes, I cut.

I cut into the fabric with vigor and enthusiasm.

I prepared my sewing machine and ironing board. I wound a new bobbin and tested it. It was wound wrong so I had to start again..... ugh. The second time was the charm and my stitches looked great and pretty much, to my surprise, were straight! I sewed with passion and determination. I sewed and ironed and made it look good. I got the bottom and the top of my first panel just perfectly. I was so proud. Ah, I was so stupid. You gotta do the sides first......

Ok, my second panel though turned out fabulously. I did the sides first and then the bottom. I went onto the second panel before I finished the top of the first panel and I swear I looked like I knew what I was doing yet I did not! I amazed myself with my wisdom!!!!! There's nothing I can't do if I just try!

So, now my curtains are done and I'm so proud! Here are some pics, I'm truly tickled with how well they turned out!



1 comment:

Shannon said...

I know I told you before, but they do look very cute! :)