Sunday, June 17, 2007

call me Grace

It seems like Sundays are the only time I can get to blog. Sucks, but true.

On Monday, my new cell phone came in. I got a Motorola KRZR and it's AWESOME!!!!!!! I love it, there are so many new features I don't know how I'll ever learn them all but they are way kewl! I'd link it but I'm too lazy right now. LOL

After work I went to Tulsa to my support group meeting. We had a trade show and I helped Dr. T with her products. I earned enough dough to buy myself one of those really sharp looking medical alert ID bracelets. It's custom designed, custom fit to my wrist, sterling silver and very pretty. I am so glad I was able to afford it! I'll be sure to post a pic once I get it next month.

Tuesday I should have gone to Joplin to see my favorite sister (ok, she's the only one who knows I'm alive, but I'll take it) but due to the freak flooding in Joplin and the rain that was coming down we decided to pass the visit to her next trip in August. I sure do miss her though, those boys (MY NEPHEWS!!!!!!!) too. Oh well, that's life. Sucks though. Since I didn't go see her, I decided to wade through the rest of my Pampered Chef stuff that came in and wow, that stuff is fun to play with! I had 7 boxes come in between Friday and Tuesday it was like Christmas!!!!!! Tuesday night I unloaded and separated orders and put MY stuff away. I had empty boxes coming out of my ears and the trash was full so I decided to load the empties in Bob's truck and take them to a dumpster downtown. Unfortunately I shouldn't be allowed to walk and breathe at the same time and I literally fell, head first, off my back porch. My head missed the front bumper of the truck by inches. I scraped up and bruised my right knee, left knee, shin and ankle and my left forearm and batwing (the jiggly part under the arm). I look like I've been dragged through hell.

Bob panicked and MWH just stared. I just knew my ankle was broken but I hopped right up, dusted the grass and dirt off and climbed up the stairs back into the house. I had to be strong. Bob was wiggin' out on me. LOL

I sat around for a while so the blood could clot. Took a bath to soak and clean the wounds. Drove the truck to town and hauled off the empty boxes and the trash. I was so stupid. LOL When I went to bed I was in so much pain it wasn't funny. I woke up around 1:00 am and was freezing cold and shaking I was hurting so bad. I took a pain pill and that didn't help. I was up all night. Miserable.

Wednesday and Thursday everyone was amazed that I came to work and was walking on it. My ankle looked horrible. It was 3 times the size it should have been, HUGE!!!!! Thursday my left foot turned black all the way around the heel and along the long part of my foot. Everyone kept telling me it was broken but I just kept saying that I didn't think so, I could walk on it and it didn't hurt more than just a simple sprain.

Friday morning I had to take MWH to the doctor to get her camp physical so I let the physician's assistant who I keep saying I won't go back to look at it and he, of course, ordered x-rays.

The x-ray tech moved my leg and foot, poked and proded and I wanted to bitch slap her 'cause she was just being a total bitch. We got the films and took them back down to the PA and he decided that it wasn't broken.

Hellooooooo, I've been saying that all along! Only now I'm $75 poorer and the sympathy train I had planned on riding out for the weekend has totally derailed! UGH! I'm still in pain, still limping, still swollen and STILL being called "Trip". Yeah, life sucks sometimes. LOL I also got a tetanus shot and it's been well over 48 hours now and my arm still fucking hurts like hell.

Saturday we went to Joplin and I faced one of my many fears. Shoe Carnival. I hate clowns (and birds) and that place is just NOT one of the chosen stores I consider shopping at a lot but I heard they were having a big sale and money trumps all so I went in. Granted, I was on high alert for the red nosed fuckers but I didn't see any so it was worth it! I got a pair of Sketchers for $17.50 and fully consider the trip to have been worth it! I love pure white shoes, no color, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I found a pair on sale! They're even the little petite kind that I wanted, I'm so happy! WOO HOO! We went to Sears, Bath & Body Works, Old Navy, Rue 21 and a few other stores while there. We had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and I wasn't impressed. One place I don't care to go back to....... Then we went to Acadamy where MWH got a new snorkel and mask, my water baby loves her pool toys.

Today is Father's Day and we don't have any plans. Bob is NOT my father so I'm not doing anything for him. I did call my adopted dad, the ol' Cody Coyote, to tell him Happy Father's Day. I think I surprised him. LOL

If you are a dad and are reading this, HAPPY DAD'S DAY TO YOU!!!!!!

No comments: