Thursday, April 05, 2007

Turn back time

Last Wednesday evening about 9:00pm my friends from the northwest came barreling in. They left Cody, WY on Tuesday morning and ran into engine problems Wednesday around noon. They were making good time, damn good time actually, but then something mechanical happened and it set them back five hours and $400. Not good. I was at Pizza Hut Express when they hit the house so I didn't get to see all the ooooooh's and aaaaaaaah's to the fresh paint and new furniture. Yeah, I was a bit pissed. The people at Pizza Hut Express are totally on my shit list. I'll have to write about that later though.

Ok, positive thoughts......

Thursday morning we got up and went to Joplin, the guys in one vehicle to do man stuff and us girls in another to do some REAL shopping. Cruella and I shopped our asses off and had such a great time. I truly believe that the woman at Sam's Club's jewelry counter will never be the same again. LOL We also made a dent in the inventory at Michael's, Best Buy, JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, Masterson's........ My mind, it's numb, I can think no more. We also hit every Wal-Mart in the tri-state area in search of an elusive corner rounding stamp that Cruella had seen and had not bought, needless to day we never found it but we did do a nice number on the inventory of four different Wal-Mart stores. LOL Applebee's was our lunch destination and I had the BEST chicken alfredo and spinach salad with shrimp. THE BEST. Hands down. EVER. Cruella's Asian chicken salad was good too, but I love me some good alfredo. Yummmmmmm. After burning up the plastic in Joplin, we came home to Miami and went out for dinner at Milagro's (the ol' Coyote's fave) and again hit Wal-Mart to burn off a few calories and to socialize. Wal-Mart is the modern "water cooler" if you ask me. LOL

Friday we hit Joplin again, more shopping, more jewelry counter raids and more, more, more!!!! We met up with the boys for lunch, again at Applebees and Cruella found glass in her Asian chicken salad and we ALL got our entire meals free. Sweeeeeeeeet. Yes, it was a pretty large piece of glass and she was very upset over it but she wasn't hurt and that's the important thing. Cruella's latest craft obsession is making cards, kinda like scrapbooking but a little different. I have a shit load of craft crap here and I don't know why I don't do anything with it..... Guess I need to change that. Ok, back to the whirlwind I call life. We stopped at Sam's on the way home for some of their wonderful shrimp. I love their shrimp, I love protein. We feasted like kings on Sam's jumbo shrimp and headed off to the ballet at the Coleman Theatre Beautiful for an exciting performance of Cats.

Now, I've never seen Cats and I was really excited to see it. I paid the $9 a head to get in and we got our nosebleed seats in the rear and 15 minutes after the time it SHOULD have started the stage came to life with the cast of Cats. The costumes were fantastic but they were having some technical difficulties with the microphones and this little BRAT behind me kept kicking my fucking chair and saying how she couldn't see over my big head. Hellooooo, I'm not deaf and I still have the sense of touch in my butt so I can feel you kicking me!! After about 20 minutes, I got fed up and found Ms. Snootypants and asked for a refund because of the crap and we left. Yeah, I suck, I should have left my money there, but dammit I'm poor and can't afford to pay for something I don't get to see.

Saturday morning we headed to Tulsa. Again in two separate vehicles, the boys were going to the gun show and we girls were headed to the mall and to find some scrapbook stores. We found the mall. JC Penney's, Zales, Disney, Build-A-Bear...... oh my goodness. There just wasn't enough time to see much more!!!!!!! The boys called and were ready for lunch so we were off to PF Chang's and OH MY GAWD was that food good!! I'd never been to a Chang's before so I was really excited. I was NOT impressed with our waiter or the atmosphere. He was a little too "know it all" for my taste and the restaraunt was entirely too noisey but the food was truly incredible and I'm so glad I got to go. Awesome. One of those things in life you flat out have to do. HAVE TO DO. We ditched the men and headed to another shopping center by the Promenade Mall, we hit Old Navy, Michael's and more. MWH got a great bikini at Old Navy and I got a new shirt that I desperately needed.

Sunday the boys went ATVing and we girls went back to Joplin to find the last bargains we could. A lot of the stores we wanted to visit were closed. Sundays, dammit...... But we made due. LOL We hit paydirt at JC Penney's yet again, I swear, we should have been kicked out of there though. LOL

Sadly though my friends left Monday and left me alone. It's just not the same without them...... I wish I could turn back time and start Thursday all over again, it was so much fun!!!!!!!!

No comments: