Saturday, April 14, 2007

spring weather, Don Imus, Anna Nicole Smith and more

OK, first, let's talk about the weather here in Oklahoma. Hello, it's April. April as in the month, not April as in me. April as in rain and wind and spring and Easter. Well, this April we have had rain, wind, spring and Easter as well as snow, hail and sleet. Yeah, fun. I love winter weather, really I do, but winter weather should end when spring starts.

Now onto Don Imus. Never in my life have I watched Don Imus on his show nor did I ever listen to him on the radio. I've seen his picture and snippets of his show during commercials, but I don't watch news shows like that and I especially hate shock jocks so that type of show has never appealed to me. Having said that though, the nappy headed ho's comment irked me. Not the nappy headed part but the ho's part. Hellooooooo, that is wrong. Most of these women DID have nappy hair so how is that an insult? Maybe to the 2 white girls on the team, but hello, not the whole team. LOL

I watched a youtube clip of the infamous discussion and what I heard is not being discussed on any of the talk shows so I don't know if I heard something that had been adlibbed or what but the clip I heard had two voices, Imus and someone else. I heard Imus clear as day make his insult, then someone else started talking and said something about the girls being "jigaboos" and I nearly fell out of my chair! That was NOT Imus talking and I'm sorry but "jigaboo" is really racist comment. Why aren't they talking about THAT on all the talk shows?

Anna Nicole Smith's daughter, Danielynn's father is Larry Burkhead. Mystery solved. Now we can resume our lives in peace. Wait, no we can't, the saga about Marshall's estate has to be resolved and we have to find out if this kid gets his millions...... sheesh, no wonder all the daytime soaps are dying off, real life is so much better.

*************************

Bob is gone, he's been planning a trip down to the Kiamichi mountains to go turkey hunting. Bigfoot beware. He left Friday morning while I was at work and the drama has ensued ever since. LOL MWH had to be in Joplin by 8:00pm Friday night for a Girl Scout trip. So we had dinner and went to Joplin in the pouring rain. We hydroplaned and I was crawling on I-44. I hate driving in the rain..... So, we get to the Girl Scout Council to drop off my precious child and to my surprise they had cancelled the trip! Yes, cancelled. Part of me was upset because I had made plans for the weekend WITHOUT a husband AND a child but the other part was happy 'cause the weather was bad but then when I got thinking about it I was upset because we had to drive in this nasty crap when all they had to do was call and say, hey, don't come at 8:00, call first, we may cancel. They were taking a charter bus to Hutchinson, Kansas to a cosmosphere for a really cool workshop. The charter bus wasn't going to leave until 5:30 am so there was plenty of time to call people.

MWH was super excited, she'd made plans with her friends but changed them when this trip came up. I was elated 'cause I had a drunk planned. Now we're both disappointed 'cause neither of us got what we'd planned but it's turning out ok, we needed this quiet weekend.

Anyway, we got to Joplin with enough time to hit Kohl's and Target and did a little clearance shopping. I had found a swim suit when I was at Target a few weeks ago but even on clearance it wasn't cheap enough for me. Well, when we went back Friday night it was marked down yet again so I bought it! WHOO HOO!! I got a brand new swim suit for less than $10, it was normally $40!!!!!! I love Target!!!!!!! I really like it too, it has a halter top that ties around the neck so the straps won't fall down and my boobs won't fall down!! Sweeeeeet! Now I can't wait for the pool to open!

Ok, here's the drama I went through last night. Bob left on his trip Friday morning while I was at work. He told me a week or so ago that he'd leave his truck here in the back yard (where he normally parks). So, I get home, run to Joplin, get back home and decide to run out to High Winds to get my $13 Friday the 13th free play and glance over to the back yard and there's not a truck in my back yard. Helloooooo, panic ensues. Bob is in the boonies, he has no cell reception until he gets into a town, he only goes to town once a day, usually for dinner. I don't know who he's with down there, I don't know where they live at to see if his truck is at their house, I don't know whether or not I should call the police and file a stolen truck report, I just don't know. So what do I do? I order a few cosmos and clear my head. Bob did finally call me tonight and the truck is in Wyandotte at his friends' house, it's safe and secure and I panicked for nothing. Oh well, that's life.

Today MWH and I went to the new theater to see Blades of Glory. I really didn't know what to think, I like the actors in it, but I wasn't sure if it would be funny or just stupid. I hate to waste $12 of hard earned money on stupid. I'd much rather rent stupid...... But it was funny, maybe not necassarily $12 funny, but it was worth it to spend the time with my kid and do something different. We can't wait until the new Shrek movie comes out!!

I know there was more that I was going to post but it's been days now and the moment has passed....... sorry. LOL

1 comment:

cruella said...

Danielynn is a female...her monies...lol...and I remember that bathing suit, looks nice on you!