Friday, January 12, 2007

Ice, ice, baby, come on!!

Lemme tell ya, the weather has hit us again today! We've got at least 2 or 3 inches of ice this evening already. It's not supposed to let up until Sunday! There are all kinds of cancellations on the news crawls already too. The mall in Joplin closed at noon today, the mall! Imagine that!!!

Our office closed early today too. The First Bitch left around 11:00 am, she lives in Grove so I can't blame her. Another lady left for lunch and didn't come back, her ride didn't have to go back to work because of weather so she stayed home, I can't blame her either. LOL Then, after my lunch, we found out the Courthouse was closing early so one of the Wise Men closed our office too so me and the "girl in the middle" headed out too. WOO HOO! I love my job, really I do.

Actually, our computers have been down since noon Thursday so the actual "work" being done at work is limited. I heard an electrical type sizzle walking by one of the offices and just knew we were in trouble. Sadly I was right. The repair man came and checked out our server and thought it was the router, but that wasn't it so now he's thinking it's electrical or something. He's supposed to come fix it Sunday but I'm not holding my breath. Really though, with the weather and the computer situation, we had no reason to be there. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

*****************************

Thursday I went home for lunch and as I was leaving my Jeep wouldn't start. It would turn over, but wouldn't idle. Now I'm not a mechanic, but if I can't put it in gear, that's bad. I had to call the First Bitch for a ride back to work. I spent the majority of my afternoon moping around, fretting that it would cost me a kidney or other vital organ to get it back on the road. With my luck lately it wouldn't surprise me! I tried to call Bob at break to warn him but I didn't get him, luckily he didn't have to work over so he could work on it after work and sure enough he did fix it! We could smell gas and there was a puddle of fluid underneath...... I was stressing. A fuel filter is about $150.00 and I was really not in the mood to spend that kind of money. Luckily, he realized the PCV valve was messed up and that was it! He called one of the parts houses and they actually had one in stock! Bob fixed my Jeep for $5.00!!!!!!! I'm so lucky to be married to a guy who has the skills and abilities to fix stuff like that! WOO HOO!!!!!!

Stupid me though, I get to work and everyone asks me what was wrong with my Jeep. I suck at repeating names and all and then my mind is faster than my mouth and I called the PCV valve a PVC pipe and then a PCP pipe! Yep, Bob replaced the PCP pipe in my Jeep for a mere $5.00! LOL

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Guess I know who to call next time my car won't start! LOL

I don't see myself going back to school Monday. Baxter always closes school it seems.

~ A P R I L ~ said...

LOL Bob is good, he works on all the guy's ATV's at his shop all the time. The only time we take the vehicles to the shop is when he just doesn't want to mess with it or if it's something he's fixed already. I had a Ford Thunderbird that went through brakes, he got tired of fixing them so I had to go to the shop. He's good, really good.

I'm guessing that we'll be off Monday too. It doesn't matter to me, I won't have the time to myself no matter what. LOL

Baxter NEVER closed when I went there (1979 - 1988). Our Superintendent had a tractor and if it started he drove it to work!!!! UGH!!!!!

D said...

I wish we were getting some Winter type weather! It's Jan. and our Avg. temp in NC has been the in the 60's! I WANT SNOW PEOPLE! I'd take about 1/2 what Colorado got! *L*


Enjoy your day off!

MamaKBear said...

$150 for a fuel filter??! That don't sound right...

Anyways, I'm glad your Jeep was fixed cheap! :)

~ A P R I L ~ said...

Yeah, $150. I think it was $140 at one dealership and $167 at another. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, you can't just call up Autozone or O'Reilly's and order one, you have get them directly from Jeep dealers. Damn, you'd think it was like crack or something.

I do know you have to take off the gas tank to replace the fuel filter though, major ordeal. The high cost wouldn't be bad if it included labor but labor is additional!!