Friday, May 11, 2007

utter exhaustion

that is my definition of ME this week

utterly

completely

exhausted

Monday night, at 12:32 am, Bob woke me up to take him to the emergency room. He'd been throwing up since about 30 minutes after dinner at the Mexican place I hate (MWH picked the place, I just can't deny my kid). If you want to know which place, just walk a 1/2 block east of my office and you'll see it. LOL

So I throw on my sweats and take him to the hospital and the healing ensues. Bob has thrown up at least 20 times. He's cold, clammy, sweaty, tired, achey, sore and miserable. I'm just tired. They draw some blood and then put an IV in his arm and walk away, finally about 45 minutes later they hook him up to the IV fluids. Sheesh...... At 1:30 or so, Bob tells me to go home and check on MWH. He kept my cell so he could call me when he was ready to go home. The doctor said it would only be another hour or two so when I do get home I didn't go to sleep. I figured a few minutes of sleep would be more of a problem than no sleep. I don't know if I was right or wrong. LOL I dozed off around 3:45 or so and he calls me at 4:30 to come get him. He walked out all my himself, that was impressive considering he pretty much crawled in carrying a puke bucket. My alarm goes off at 6:00 and Bob had to call in to work at 6:30 so another short nap happened. Life is hell sometimes. Theree 45 minute cat naps can kill you. LOL

Tuesday morning after mere minutes of sleep over the past 12 hours I had to go BACK to the hospital to do my bloodwork so I had been fasting. Being up all night unable to eat (ok, not really a problem for me) or drink (that was a HUGE problem) is hard!!!!!!! Wicked hard! The whole bloodwork fiasco was insane. The first lab was missing one of the countless vials I needed so I had to go over to the hospital to actually draw my labs. Once the needle was inserted, the phlebotomist (sp?) informed me that my $1000 labs would be cheaper if I had a DLO req rather than an Access req so, in the rain, I made countless trips between the hospital lab and the doctor's office center lab and my primary doctor's office..... In. The. Rain. Tired. Hungry. Thirsty. Cold. Wet.

I did finally make it to work and all was well. I was exhausted and felt like shit but work never stops and I love it. It kept me going all day. Granted, I was dragging ass but I was going.

MWH had her spring chorus concert at the Coleman Tuesday night so still couldn't get any rest but I did have some super fab conversation with Brady's Mom and her hubby who sat next to me. She's so nice and I'm so proud of her finishing her schooling!

I had the 8th grade promotion last night and I'll have to discuss that later...... I just can't bring myself to do it right now. LOL

This weekend looks to be full and there will be no rest yet again. Oh well, I'll die someday and there will be plenty of time to sleep!

No comments: