Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Oy vey, I'm alive!

Goooooooood grief it's been too long since I've had the time to blog.

In the past few weeks I've been runnink amok. Amok. Amok. Amok.

I've presided over my last PTSO meeting of the school year. I've had my nails done. Twice. I've had my toes done. I've coordinated an 8th grade graduation. I've emcee'd an awards ceremony. I've had a yard sale. I've drank. I've used my garage sale proceeds to purchase a tank of gas in both Bob's truck and my Jeep as well as a fine, greasy dinner from Long John Silvers. I've seen Shrek the Third or whatever it is. I've seen my beautiful, amazing child mature from a 7th grader into an 8th grader. I've developed not one but two zits on my face. I've been mosquito bit 7 times. I've even received a promotion of some sorts at work.

This is just the tip of the ice berg. I know there is more. Lots more.

Let me think....... nah, I don't wanna.

This weekend was my garage sale. I had so much shit it was amazing. I sold clothes like you would not believe. My God was I fat. I put on a pair of my old shorts. Shorts that were tight on me. And I nearly fell over getting them off! My kid climbed in with me too and they were still too big! It was hilarious!

Looking back it's hard to remember being that big. I still feel like I'm there but I know I'm not. I can cross my legs. I can sit in a theater seat. I don't need a seat belt extender for my vehicles (or airplanes or whatever). I can ride a rollercoaster. I can walk around a theme park and enjoy myself. I can buy clothes in the misses section. I can do so much now that I thought I could do before but I was only fooling myself. I was half assing so much while, in reality, I was double assing it. So sad....... I was so sad.

This weekend I'm having a Pampered Chef party. I'm nervous and excited. Anxious and eager. Ok, I'm a total wreck. The last party I had totally sucked. The consultant lady freakin' FORGOT about my party and had to reschedule it! I had a house full of people who I had bribed with fancy little finger foods and alcohol and she forgets about me. That is just wrong. I do think this will be fun though, lots of fun!!!!!!!

I've spent a lot of time watching movies lately. Here's what I can remember off the top of my head:

Shrek III - not as good as the first 2 but Mike Myers rocks and you simply have to see it. HAVE TO. The babies don't come in until the end and that depressed me but I loved the dragon/donkey babies. So freakin' adorable. The princesses cracked me up, very funny.

Music & Lyrics - excellent, very sweet and romantic. I loved it. Drew Barrymore is just the perfect romantic lead. She owned that part. I loved Hugh Grant too. He's dopey yet adorable. Classic yet quirky. Definitely gotta watch it again.

Catch & Release - This movie was one I really wanted to see. I thought it was a romantic comedy and it was sort of. The male lead, Timothy Olyphant, was Seth Bullock in Deadwood and let me tell you he was definitely a reason to watch Deadwood. I'm also a big fan of Jennifer Garner, she's so perky and beautiful, so sweet and just nice. The movie wasn't as good as I expected, or really just wasn't what I expected. It was good, but just not what I thought.......

The Departed - Leo DiCaprio is someone that I've watched for a very long time. Not because I wanted to, but because he's been in a lot of shows. I remember him as a little boy in Growing Pains, he wasn't Boner, but he was in the cast. Then I watched him in What's Eating Gilbert Grape and Titanic and soooooo many other movies. He's never really impressed me although he is good. My old Bosslady really liked him and so at her urging I watched him in The Aviator and Catch Me If You Can. Again, good movies, just not something that grabbed me. Now, this movie, The Departed, that grabbed me. He was mature and total eye candy. Mark Walberg is also eye candy, ok, not so much in this, but still. Matt Damon, helloooooooo eye candy!!!!!!! I love a good mob movie and this was good, I'll probably buy it I liked it so much.

Because I Said So - This was excellent. One to watch with your mother if you and your mother are close and if you're not it'll embarrass the snot out of her and make you feel good. LOL Definitely one I'll want to buy once the price goes down!!

This weekend looks to be a fair one. We're going camping and I'm having a Pampered Chef party. I have to clean my house some more and buy goodies for the party, oh joy. I have to wonder if I'm on crack sometimes.......

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hey, I had planned on going to your party and then we ended up going to eat for my brother's birthday party at 5pm! I'm sorry! I know, I suck!
Shannon :(