Monday, August 06, 2007

Serious

Two things this weekend are blog worthy......

First, my mother, who is 51, bought a new car. A 2007 Dodge Caliber. It's white and a very nice car and I'm soooooooo proud of her because it's her first new car that she's ever owned. Her last car, a boat, a 2001 (I think) Mercury Marquis, was dying. The air conditioning went out of it and she was having all sorts of problems with it. She's been wanting something else, something that gets about 30 miles per gallon (or more) but she's just unsure of herself and didn't have the nerve to go out and do it. Well last week I took her out to the local Dodge dealer and had her drive a Caliber. She loved it. We took her to the Chevy lot and she drove an Aveo and she hated it. She really liked the feel and the looks of the Caliber and I do too. I was not prepared though for her to call me Friday night and tell me she had BOUGHT one though.

My mom is bipolar and I worry about her. She takes her meds but she still has episodes where she's manic (high) or depressed (low) and right now she's high. Manic. Her mannerisms are wild, her speech is fast, her mind is racing........ I can barely keep up with her. She's going 90 to nothing fast.

She needs sleep. She's worried about money (who isn't?) and about getting her new car tagged.

I'm worried about her being unable to take care of herself...... Why am I the responsible one? Why does it all fall on me? Why?

****************************************
On another front, Curie died. My friend, Cruella, is crushed. She loved her little kitty. It's so sad. She had a stroke while Cruella was out of town and Cruella feels so bad that Curie suffered alone. I feel bad because she feels bad...... Sucks.

****************************************
Friday started the "Back to School" tax break sales here in my neck of the woods. School supplies and clothes are exempt from State taxes. So Saturday we loaded up the Jeep and headed to Springfield, Missouri for some BTS shopping. MWH got some goodies at JC Penney's, Vanity (possibly her new favorite store), Steve & Barry's and I don't even remember where else. LOL I had to stop at Build-A-Bear because I freakin' love BABW. We shopped, we ate, we peed, we walked, we shopped........ My feet hurt, my back ached, my head throbbed....... But we did it. BTS shopping is now over and I'm done. WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Or. So. I. Thought.

Sunday morning after I cooked pancakes for breakfast and after I read my Joplin Globe and Miami News-Record papers, I took the tags off MWH's clothes to wash them only to discover that the idiot clerk at JC Penney's failed to remove one of the anti theft buttons from a pair of LEI jeans. FUCK! I tried to call Springfield's JC Penney's store but they didn't open until 11:00 so I had to wait. I don't wait well. Finally I got ahold of a live human being and here's the conversation:

CLERK: "oooooooooh, it happens all the time........ giggle, tee hee, just bring them back, we'll fix ya right up!"

ME: "But I am in Oklahoma, you're in Springfield, I don't WANT to drive 100 miles for a pair of pants........."

CLERK: "Why did you come here?"

ME: "Does it matter? Look, I just want this damn button OFF these jeans, how do I get it off? I'm NOT driving back to Springfield unless you give me gas money and something for my time, cause it's gonna take me 4 hours for the round trip!"

CLERK: "Oh, well I can offer you a $5 gift card....... um, why don't you go to Joplin's store, they can take off the button. Why didn't you just go there to begin with?"

ME: "Just mail me the damned card...."

So, Sunday, after a breakfast of champions, after enlightening myself with the local news and oodles of sale ads, and after a check up call to my mother to see if she is ok, we headed to Joplin to go back to the mall to get the jeans dealt with.

We hit the mall running....... got the jeans anti theft button removed, stopped at Vanity, Rue 21, DEB, Sears and God knows where else...... Again, I was beat! I swear I'm never going to get to rest. We headed home and went to Wal-Mart for groceries and by the time we got home it was after 4:00 and I was spent. Stick a fork in me, I am done!!

Also, on Saturday, if going to Springfield wasn't enough, we went to The Swimmin' Hole in Joplin for their late night swim. I'm too thin to swim at night anymore. I just can't do it. I froze my ass off. When I was heavier I could do it, but now that I'm not as fat (I'm still overweight, obese even, according to my BMI). I'm too cold now, all the time........ Being thinner has advantages and disadvantages, I'll take them all though, good and bad. Thinner........ That freakin' rocks!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I Love those cars! They have a lot of room in them too!
I am going to get a Dodge Nitro. I haven't driven one yet, BUT that is what I have in mind so far.