Friday, February 09, 2007

T.G.I.F.

Friday. Ah, let me say it again. F.R.I.D.A.Y.

Yes.......... *sigh*

It's after 3:00, I'm still at work (don't get off until 4:00) but I just had a melt down. LOL I've been working entirely too hard today. Entirely. Part of my job is to enter new (and old) clients into our software (TimeMatters) and to make their new files. Some clients, both old and new, have more than one matter (or case) so they may have more than one file. Generally each client will only have one attorney and since our files are color coded for each attorney, it's a safe bet that all of each client's files will be the same color. Confused? Ok, so I'm sitting here today entering in a new (old) client. This isn't his first rodeo, he's got a lot of files. So, for privacy, let's call him Billy Joe Bob. I enter Billy Joe Bob's info into the contacts and the matters areas. I calender his court date and link everything appropriately. I am waiting to make labels for his file so I just hang on to it cause I do the labels in batches. On Fridays though, I pull all the files for the coming week and I see that Billy Joe Bob needs to be pulled, his file, not anything else. Being the dilligent worker I am I'm confident that I know exactly where his file is and I go on...... I then sit down to finish labels and what not and realize I've got a red Billy Joe Bob file when I should have an orange one. I think I've screwed up because Billy Joe Bob is red and he should be orange or should he? Hmmmmmm, I have no idea. Then I panic and find that there is another orange file for Sammy Joe Bob that is in fact orange and he is in fact the one I should have been pulling all along. Oy vey. I think we should limit ALL clients from now on, one name per client and one client per name. Now that we have a Billy Joe Bob we can NEVER have another client with the name Billy, Joe or Bob.

***********************
On a pleasant note, my (paternal half) sister's (maternal half) sister had her baby Tuesday. (If I say my sister's sister people look at me funny, I do like my sister's sister, she's a great girl, but I can't claim someone who isn't really mine, although, I'll take her if she'll have me cause she's wonderful!) Johnna delivered a beautiful, happy, healthy baby girl. Welcome to the world MADELYN MARIE!!!!!!!!! Little miss cutie pie weighed in at 7 pounds and 4 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. I can't wait to see her!!!!!!!!!

*************************
On that note, the First Bitch just talked to the boss and he is telling us to get the hell out of the office, it's Friday!! Sooooooooooooo I'M OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

MamaKBear said...

I wish I could've seen the look on your face when you were holding the wrong-colored file in your hand! LOL Thank God for Friday's, huh?

Congrat's to your "(paternal half) sister's (maternal half) sister's" baby! (I had to read that a couple of times before I had it straight in my head!) Madelyn shares my middle name. :) You will be sharing pics when you have some, right?? RIGHT??

MamaKBear said...

Pssst...Happy Valentine's Day! :)