Tuesday, April 07, 2009

livin' the good life

Yes, it's been a month of Sundays since I posted last. There's been more terribly bad news around my little corner of the world but I refuse to dwell on it here. Life is too short. One good, positive, wonderful thing that happened in the past few weeks is that my amazing friends from Wyoming came to see me and my family for a short visit. Too short if you ask me..... Ugh. Why must I work? LOL Why must I have to NOT devote my life to shopping and merry making?

The last several weeks has been a literal mad rush to get things done before Cruella and the ol' Cody Coyote get here. Bob has been trimming out the windows that we bought, what, three or four years ago, that he finished installing last year but never had time to trim out. Well, all but TWO are now finished. The two that need sanded and stained are in my bedroom and I can live with that. Bob has crawled under the house and jacked up the floor to make it more sturdy (ah, life in an older home.....) and now since he did that I moved my living room furniture so that my entertainment center is not up against a wall. My living room, which is 13 x 35, is now divided better into a family room, a computer area and a dining area. Right after Christmas, my mom gave me her dining room table and chairs and buffet and hutch. She bought the set in 1985 or so and it's not the top of the line but it's held up for the past few decades and still looks nice. I think it looks fantastic in my home and I really do enjoy having the set here. It really feels like home here now. So we've been doing a crap load of home improvements lately in addition to the frenzied cleaning regiment that has just completely unnerved me. I like a little bit of clutter and dust. If there isn't dust then I'm just not sure I'm home. Helloooooooo, you can't cold turkey me with a clean house!!

So, Cruella and the ol' Cody Coyote get here Wednesday evening and we have a wonderful dinner and some great conversation. Thursday, Cruella and I went to Joplin and did a little mall crawl and hit Sam's where we bought some of the best shrimp you can buy in bulk. LOL Cruella introduced me to Pandora and I fear that my life will never be the same again. She bought a bracelet for me and even gave me several amazingly beautiful charm beads and now I am hooked!! Oh, I love me some European silver!! The charms are just so cute!! I love (and have!!) the rabbit, the easter egg, the snake, the love bokay, the amazingly beautiful One World Health charm and the precious heart lock and key to name a few. Even thought there are several charms on my bracelet, there are still a ton of charms on my wish list and I'm so glad my birthday and anniversary are coming up soon!! I can't believe how sweet, kind and generous Cruella is to me!! I truly don't deserve a friend like her! Friday we trinkey dinked around town, found the local Pandora dealer, Goforth Jewelry, and tried to build our energy levels up for Tulsa!! Even though we stayed close to home, we still enjoyed ourselves immensely!! Saturday we went to Tulsa and hit a ton of Pandora shops where Cruella and I added some charms to both her bracelet and mine!! While I was driving, I called several Pandora dealers in Oklahoma and I found her a retired strawberry (they only had one though) that Cruella really wanted to find. In the shops in Tulsa we found retired dice and 8-balls for each of us. Cruella spied an ugly duckling before I did and I am sooooooooo jealous!! I seriously wanted that one, oh well, we found that one, surely there are more. We had lunch at PF Chang's with our hubbies who were in Tulsa too spending the day at the gun show. After lunch, we hit more Pandora shops and the mall where Miss Whineyhiney failed in finding clothes for her Key Club convention. Ugh, that kid is the hardest to shop for!! We hit The Cheesecake Factory for dinner and I had the BEST crispy artichoke hearts and MWH ordered a salisbury steak and a kahlua, coffee, mocha cheesecake that she ended up wearing because we fought over a few bites. LOL I won, of course!!!!! Sunday I cooked breakfast burritos, read my Sunday papers and we went BACK to Joplin for another mall crawl (MWH was still searching for clothes!).

Sadly, Monday came and my friends went home and I went back to work. *sniff, sniff, tear, tear* They're home now and I'm sad to see them leave..... So much fun, so little time. I can only hope we are able to head that way this summer! Weeeeeeeeeeee, more adventures!!!!!

1 comment:

cruella said...

damn good time...tooooo short, waaaay too short. I just love our trips to OK, you just never know what we will end up doing.
And yes...cleeeen and cute house...kudos to all!!! oh, and MWH better get those clothes! love you!